“Good Location”

Ranked #34 of 38 Glasgow B&B and Inns
Fort William, United Kingdom
“Good Location”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 August 2013

Stayed in August 1 night, went in gave name, given key, sent upstairs, easy. Just inside the door small reception area, to the left of that you go down stairs to the breakfast lounge. Then upstairs to the rooms. I was on the top floor small single on suite, cheap pine bed, thin duvet one pillow wardrobe, t.v. tea and coffee adequate for what I needed. If I needed more I'm sure they would have given it to me. Breakfast 1 sausage,1 rasher bacon, 1 egg, 1 slice of toast and some beans and they did ask would you like more so don't be shy. Friendly, polite staff. I would use again but at a cheaper rate not £50. It is not worth that. Easy parking at Charing Cross beside the Premier Inn. £2.00 6pm till 8am at time of writing. [If you find it helpful tick the box please]. Thanks

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank foster1605

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Glasgow, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2013

A single traveller I booked here for a week in May 2013 as have stayed there before. As last time the room was satisfactory with everything clean and OK. Cooked breakfast was very ample and staff always friendly. For a budget hotel would stay again in the future.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank cpslsc
Ellon, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2013

Charged DOUBLE for a tiny room with a small double bed, jammed against the wall the night of the Bruce Springsteen concert. No coffee in room only tea. Cooked breakfast ok --- if small portions, but no side plates for toast. Had we not been ripped-off this would have been an OK experience for the money. We will never use the place again.

Room Tip: Book well in advance of concerts or special events to prevent being ripped-off by greedy landlords.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Christine M

Travellers are raving about these Glasgow hotels

Gdynia, Gdansk, Poland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 March 2013

Me and my 2 friends booked this hotel just for one night (on booking.com). We arrived late (about 10 p.m.) and chek in went really fast. We paid only 50 pounds - room for 3 with bathroom, tv and breakfast included. Everything was clean :) Breakfast was tasty and freshly made. There was no problem with leaving our luggage for few hours (after cheking out).

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank aniazabinska
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 February 2013

Me & my best friend (females) booked to stay away for 2 nights for a girly weekend! this was not the hotel we oringally booked we booked one 2 doors down & that went wrong.. anyways we went in to ask if there was any rooms available.

As we walked it there was a horrible strong musky smell.. very over powering! no1 at the desk so we waited a good few moments in this horrible dingy messy reception.. a guy appeared! no introduction or anything like that .. very unwelcoming to start off with.. I didnt trust him but we were desperite for a place to stay! he said he had a room for us.. £100 for 2 night so we said yes jumped at the chance as we were desp! We gave him £100 he then asked for a further £40 as deposit which we couldnt afford so he stragley took my friends card details where he wrote it on a shabby piece of paper! He then took us down to the basement where he put us in a small horrible room with no bathroom! it had 1 pillow on the bed, a tiny sink, not much more.. and he floated around outside the door! I would not have left the room all weekend it would of ruined my time away i have never felt so unsafe in my whole life! after my heart poundin and me shakin i finally went out & asked for refund we told him we were leavin! he didnt say a thing just gave us the money.. we then asked for our card details back he refused at 1st.. After a little argument he gave us them back! i was in the building 15 mins at most and the experience was terrible! I would also not eat from this place either as the room we were in was disgusting i didnt even look at the 'shared' bathroom couldnt face it! Please if two young girls are lookin for a place to stay DONT BOOK THIS PLACE!

• Stayed February 2013
Grantham, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 January 2013

This experience was a little haphazard I'll be honest. Firstly, imagine me dashing in from a taxi journey with our luggage whilst on a time-limit to get back to the centre - pouring with rain. The staff member who greeted the soaking wet, rushing woman was kind enough to let me check in later but leave the luggage there (they even took it up to our room for us).

This was pleasant enough - however the i did feel a little uncomfortable in the hotel because the staff seem to hover wherever you go, or suddenly seem to appear. The room we stayed in was plenty big enough and so comfy for the two nights we stayed in. A LOT of stairs unfortunately. The place seemed hygienic enough but not as central to the city centre as I would have liked.

Never had the breakfast, but you could smell the kitchen even if its in a basement.

All in all, I wouldn't stay as a solo traveller, and the stay was cheap enough to warrant it this time, but I don't think I would stay here again.

Room Tip: If you don't like stairs, ask for a room nearer the ground
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled with friends