Lorne Hotel
US$181
US$159
Priceline
1,060 results
All reviewscocktail barcity centrewest endstreet parkingsauchiehall streetlovely hotelkelvingrove museumbooked this hotelwould stay againrestaurant staffsse hydroone night stayreception areahotel barbars and restaurantsself serviceyogurt
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 17 July 2013 via mobile

Firstly I read reviews on trip advisor alot before booking anywhere and I had read many good things before booking, so I went ahead and booked a night here for myself and my boyfriend. We are both 18 & werent expecting the ritz, we paid £77 inc breakfast for 1 night. Upon arrival the reception area was very modern and welcoming. The reception staff were also welcoming and friendly. We were given a room on the 4th floor which was disasterous! It was tiny, I have stayed in airport travel lodges which honestly were bigger than twice the size and for £33.50 per night so I was livid! There was a desk at the bottom of the bed which the drawer had been ripped apart and I assume disposed of & our bed had stains on it (make of that what you please) So by this point I was furious, we had spent nearly £80 for a room that I believe was worth no more than £40 so we went back to reception and were moved to a room 2 doors down. This room was the same size, same drawer problem however no stains on the bed. It did have a bathroom window which didnt close properly so we had a constant draft which wasnt great. We ordered room service from our phone in the room to be hung up on 3 times due to the telephone wire being hanging on by a thread so a waiter was sent to our room, we ordered to then revieve a knock telling us there was no beef, no beef? .. That was that, when room service did arrive it was cold and we had been overcharged. We were planning on going a night out in Glasgow but after all the hassles and time wasting moving from room to room we decided to call it a night and get a sleep. Around 12am I felt someone trying to open our door, I answered to find a middle aged man questioning who was in the room etc, I think basic floor checks must be done at the hotel in future.
The next morning we went to breakfast which we believed to be table service which infact was buffet, no eggs, no link sausage, no potato scone, no apple juice. We couldnt wait to get home and write to management! We wrote 3 seperate emails and called 4 times, eventually getting a reply from a Mr Frank Queen, who was very friendly and I must thank for offering a complimentary stay which I accepted however due to work commitments I had to rearrange the date, I still have had no word back and the date we planned on returning has came and gone.
I would urge anyone planning on booking a night here to seriously reconsider. I have stayed in premier inn's in the city centre which are in better location, are far more spacious and offer far better value !

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank Greenock23
Reviewed 3 July 2013

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed 26 June 2013

We stayed here for one night and could not fault the hotel, the room smallish in size but was clean comfortable and modern. It had a large flat screen tv and shower ensuite, the bonus was the climate control unit it had freezing cold or toasting hot air which you could set to your own personal taste. Breakfast in the morning was buffet style cooked breakfast which was superb and you could eat as much as you wanted. We had no problems with any noise at all and would recommend this hotel to anyone

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 June 2013

Looks are deceiving!!!

From the outside and from the reception area/bar you would expect this hotel to be a bit special. However the rooms are a different story: Bijou (both bed space and bathroom), the shower is usually the shower head you would have alongside another just for washing your hair! and depending on which room you get allocated there are no plugs by the mirrors.

If you are allocated room 502 immediately ask for a new room as you will be kept awake by the lift going up and down, and if you can't stand constant noise then also ask to be vacated from room 418 as the generator here will keep you awake.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 June 2013 via mobile

My wife and I stayed here last night to take in a concert in Glasgow. Firstly it's moderately good value for money and the receptionists were both fantastic and really helpful, however even at the low prices you expect "the details" to be right.
Parking, though advertised as a cost option is roadside and unsecure, costs are Glasgow City Council parking charges a huge negative especially as websites and other booking sites are completely ambiguous on this. You need to be up before eight to feed the meters in the morning before the trafgic wardens get there at 8:30. There obviously is parking available, the stream of BMWs this morning gave that away. I booked on the basis of the parking option, I was very disappointed.
The rooms are small the bathrooms tiny, big issue if youre bigger than super skinny. They lack space and details, no plug points beside mirrors for dressing hair/ make up that sort of stuff, no wifi, tea/coffee facilities very very basic. Breakfast is buffet service but you don't have any waiter service, tea/coffee from a central point and had been there for ages, food tepid and not hugely fresh, it wasn't good.
The Lorne is okay and I'd probably stay again but they charge basic Travel Inn type prices, the details should be of similar standard. I suspect I could have found better for similar money.

• Stayed: June 2013