“Good quallity for the money”
Review of Lorne Hotel

Lorne Hotel
Ranked #57 of 93 Hotels in Glasgow
Reviewed 14 August 2013

Overall, very pleased with our stay. Two of the rooms were faultless but the third was on the first floor above a wedding reception that went on until the early hours, also a mirror would have been handy in order to see the TV. Don't be put off though, I would go again. Also there is a fantastic Indian restrant on the ground floor in which I had the best curry ever.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Reviewed 13 August 2013 via mobile

The electricity seemed to have been cut of as they we're being supplied by a massive lorry generator that reverberated throughout the building and local streets. We were told it was a network fault but that was rubbish as there was no work going on and no Scottish Power attending.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed 7 August 2013 via mobile

The room was small, and a bit grubby. The parking is very limited. Breakfast was below average. There are far better places in glasgow for the same money. The only positive thing was the staff were friendly at breakfast.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed 2 August 2013

Stayed here for two nights back in Dec 2011 after a long week of travelling.

Really surprised at the poor reviews, as we found the Lorne Hotel very plesant and extremely stylish.

Didn't spend a great deal of time in the hotel, but did meet a friend for cocktails in the very stylish cocktail bar, where the roaring fire was a great comfort against the Glasgow Winter.

The hotel is a bit of a walk into the city centre, but for me, not as far as you'd want to take a taxi to avoid it. It's a straight road down to the Royal Concert Hall, and all the shopping areas around that. You really can't get lost.

Very quiet stay, and very comfortable room, with a boutique feel. Rooms not very large, but great price and really loved the decor

Recommended.

Stayed: December 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 July 2013

Stayed one night on business and booked Dinner, B&B. The hotel appeared almost empty, despite this I was given a tiny room, next to the external ventilation system, ugly and noisy. The room was depressing, hot and claustrophobic. I asked to be moved due to the heat but was told all the rooms would be the same. I asked for a fan, they don't have fans! I was given a lovely big menu to browse at dinner, but then was told, "sorry its this menu for you" and was given a scrappy A4 menu with a choice of 4 Indian dishes and only 1 Eglish dish - scampi! Straight out of the freezer, into the fryer then onto my plate - they won't win any Michelin stars!
I was the only person in the bar and only the 2nd guest at breakfast. Come on Lorne, ask yourself "where are all the guests" Probably at another hotel.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 July 2013

Friendly helpful staff, got a really good price for 2 nights, basic clean room, comfortable bed , hotel was very smart and modern. Excellent local pubs and lots of places to eat, we ate in the hotel restaurant which serves excellent Indian food. Would stay again. Bus stop opposite and we were able to jump on a bus into town to catch a movie and taxi back. Local park is worth a walk around, near to the kelvingrove Museum.

Room Tip: We stayed at the back of the hotel, the street side may have more noise.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 July 2013

Really liked this hotel . Stayed twice in a 5 day period, first room quite small, second larger, but both of an adequate size for my partner and I. First room was on busy Sauchiehall st but the noise was not bad, and second was round the corner on a side street and was very quiet.

It was 30+ degrees in Glasgow the first night we stayed so the air conditioning was AMAZING. Showers good, beds real real comfy. Don't agree with reviews saying tired furtniture or need a clean, defo did not have any of these issues.

The ONLY issue I have, is when checking out I wanted to book a room for 4 days time, the receptionist offerd me a room for £90, stating that they were very busy that night, when we had just stayed the previous night for £55. Four days later I re-checked the price and it had gone back down to £60. I understand they are running a business, but it is not right to pay almost double for a room depending on when you book it, especially as we had already stayed, wouldn't you think they would like to reward customer loyalty?

We didn't have breakfast, but I DID have a mango daquiri the night before and it was the BEST cocktail I have ever had, it was so delicious! I have eaten in Buakarah before and really enjoyed it but did not eat there on this stay.

Overall I would recommend this hotel, the staff on reception were lovely (particularly the young guy with black rimmed glasses and black hair!) as were the bar staff. The only thing I would say is, don't bother paying over the odds for a room. I plan to stay here again in Sept and Nov and will only be doing so if they don't ridiculously up their rates.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple