“Rude rude rude reception staff”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of Lorne Hotel

Lorne Hotel
Ranked #49 of 96 Hotels in Glasgow
“Rude rude rude reception staff”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2014 via mobile

Room fine. Reception staff put me off ever returning. Everything was a hassle for them. Website price was not quoted and when asked said they had no requirement to honour it. Took £100 deposit AND credit card. Had to wait in reception 30 mins to get deposit returned next day. Plus side 2 of the staff had a full on argument in foyer. Entertaining but highly unprofessional.

Stayed April 2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (155)
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Ayr, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2014 via mobile

Stayed here on a Friday night, a bit unsure after reading the reviews, upgraded to a suite which was well worth it, mini fridge, veranda, 2 tv's and small sitting area. The restaurant food and staff were both excellent, there was noise coming from a function on the first floor, however this wouldn't put me off staying again.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Angie841
Stornoway, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 April 2014

I recently stayed at this hotel 11th and 12th April 2014 and must say that the food we had in the restaurant was excellent - really first class. The staff in the restaurant so courteous and attentive and we certainly had no complaints on that score. The rooms were clean and the beds comfortable - no complaints there either... However, the accommodation was given to me as a 2 night stay in Glasgow as a present and was bed and breakfast for myself and a friend. When we booked in we were asked for another £40.00 if we required breakfast these two days. I told them that I understood that breakfast was included - I was told not so..anyway I phoned home and it was confirmed that breakfast was included and a copy of the booking was emailed off to the hotel. When I asked at the reception desk if they had got the email they said yes but because the person that had taken the booking was not on duty nothing could be done about it until she had been spoken to. As a matter of principle we did not breakfast at the hotel and it was only when we were checking out on the Sunday morning that the receptionist that had taken the original booking was back on duty actually confirmed that breakfast had been paid for and there had been a misunderstanding..by this time it was too late for us to have breakfast that morning. We asked if there would be re-imbursement and we were told no because it was our choice not to eat in the restaurant those two mornings - Although the receptionists were polite their command of the English language I'm sure didn't help solve our problem and my family were charged for breakfasts that we were told we were not entitled to and didn't have in the booking. In effect this clouded what was a lovely weekend. I may say too that I overheard on the Saturday night another guest complaining about a similar incident.

Room Tip: My room looked onto the street and I didn't hear a sound of traffic or anything - no complaints...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2014

The Lorne Hotel, although beginning to look slightly tired, is still a very comfortable budget hotel which is nicely positioned for most of Glasgow's many attractions. The rooms are quite small but are clean and perfectly adequate with coffee and tea making facility (no biscuit), hair dryer, TV and shower gel/shampoo in a wall dispenser. The room I was in had a bath with overhead shower but the height of the bath could present difficulties for anyone with mobility problems as there was no rail on the wall to aid entry and exit. Despite this there were all the basics for a comfortable stay.

Check in was fast and friendly. There was no help offered with the cases. There is a slightly souless feel once you leave the reception area but I have stayed here before and would certainly stay again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Galway, Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2014

Booked this hotel for £56 single room B&B. Receptionists very friendly and restaurant very accommodating for late arrival- allowed to order main course when kitchen was about to close. Single room was small but nice and definitely not the budget type. Flat screen tv and coffee making facility. Bathroom was a little cold as the heating wasn't turned on. Attended a course at Glasgow university and location was perfect as its only 10 mins walk. Breakfast also very good and starts early so that suited me well

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2014

My partner and I have just returned from an overnight stay at this hotel which we thoroughly enjoyed, Staff were very friendly & helpful, We ate at the hotel restaurant which is Indian the food was absolutely first class as was the service, Breakfast again was first class,
We planned on going out after our meal but weather not being the best we decided to stay in the hotels cocktail bar which was very relaxing this hotel is well worth a visit.

Room Tip: The room we had was not huge but big enough with on suite spotlessly clean
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2014

Breakfast was good too. Close to the uni. Room was clean and bath tub was comfortable. Room rate changes everyday but £66 for bed and breakfast is very good value. No proper shampoo or bath gel so you have to bring those yourself.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business