1,134 results
All reviews cocktail bar city centre west end street parking lovely hotel kelvingrove museum sauchiehall street booked this hotel would stay again sse hydro hotel bar one night stay reception area bars and restaurants bilberry dbb concert
Reviewed 16 September 2018

I stayed here overnight last weekend and from the time I walked into the room I got the impression that the management and staff just don't care. At best the hotel was shabby, from the lifts that had dirty walls and mirrors to my room which had stains on the wall, wallpaper peeling, curtains of different length (some too short some too long) to hand prints on the windows.

I then went to take a shower to find there was no hot water. I went down to reception and reported it, I was told there would be someone up to me in half and hour. However, one hour later I went back down to reception to ask when someone would be up to fix the shower. I was told by the same receptionist that she reported it to the restaurant manager and the maintenance person was not available on a Saturday evening. I asked if there was another room available or some shower facility available. I was told they were fully booked and only if there were no shows and that I would be contacted. Up to the time I checked out the following morning I never got any further update.

I did get an apology from a different receptionist when checking out but not offer of a partial refund. Surely in 2018 it is not too much to ask to have a working shower in your room?

I expect I will receive a response to this review with an apology from the front of house manager apologising for the shower, but a lot of good that is a week later. If you and the staff really cared the issue would have been resolved while I was there. It easy to type "I apologise" . My recommendation to anyone considering staying here is just do so as a last resort.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank jpbdrogheda
Stephen-M-M-Shearer, Manager at Lorne Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Dear Jpbdrogheda.

Thank you for your review.

Please accept my sincere apologies for the issues you encountered while staying with us.

I have passed your feedback onto all the departments involved.

Reviewed 16 September 2018 via mobile

I was so glad I booked here after completing the West Highland Way hike, it’s a stylish, comfortable hotel and I was lucky enough to get a room with lovely views.

Really lovely for the price, a great value and I’d stay here again.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with friends
Stephen-M-M-Shearer, Manager at Lorne Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Hi Sabrina.

Thank you for your review.

I am glad you enjoyed your well earned rest after walking the West Highland Way.

Hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 15 September 2018

I stayed at this hotel last week for 6 days.
The location of the hotel is great! Right next to the pubs and restaurants, close to the subway and bus stop across the street. However, the hotel is not living up to its potential.
Both in the toilets downstairs as well the breakfast room there was leaking water.
Breakfast was, aside from the leaky ceiling, average.
The room itself had several problems: shower didn't close properly (resulting in a lot of water flowing in the bathroom - and was not fixed after I mentioned it at the reception), the heating didn't work, the paper tissue box was empty upon arrival and was never filled (then why put a tissue box in the room?) and the room was very small, no fridge,.... Oh and A LOT of noise in my room at the fifth floor! I could here other people in their rooms listen tv, blow dry their hair,... I was quite disappointed and did not sleep great.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business
Stephen-M-M-Shearer, Manager at Lorne Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 September 2018

Hi Joke

Thank you for your review.

Great to read how you enjoyed our location.

We are attending to the leaks you mentioned at the moment.
We do have several room sizes available on line to view prior to booking.

I am sorry you did not have a good sleep. However other guest are here to also enjoy the facilities we offer in our rooms.
Any excess noise levels can be reported to reception at any point during your stay.

Front of House Manager.

Reviewed 10 September 2018 via mobile

I spent six nights at the hotel and I have to say I got very disappointed because I made a pre-contact with the hotel asking to pay the rooms by cash. However, the hotel lied to me when someone wrote me before I got there saying I could pay by cash, and my credit card would be used only for guarantee. However, the hotel charged me the full reservation in the credit card, which made me feel very disrespected.
The receptionist only said he was just sorry, since someone from the hotel staff gave me the wrong information...
In addition, after checking in, I took some time to find my room and when I finally reached it, my key card did not work. I went back to the front desk and figured out the receptionist set the key card to a different room. There's no hair dryer in the room, and the wifi does not run well inside it.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business

Dear Glaucia
Please see the information you supplied us with through your booking agent and our answers.
It states you can only pay cash on check out .
You have asked us twice to take payment from your card. How this is disrespectful when we are following your instructions is beyond my comprehension.

I have a special request.
Dear all,

As I was not aware you would charge me, I did not enable my credit card to international transactions, which I just have fixed. So, you can try again to use my credit card.
In addition, I would like to know if you are trying to charge the total amount. I thought I could pay with cash once I get there.

Glaucia
Aug 28, 2018, 10:51:05

Your booking is a pre paid rate
We will still need your card details. We can get a pre-authorization from the card. Then you can pay cash on check out
Aug 28, 2018, 14:18:16

I have a special request.
Dear all,
I enabled my credit card to international use, so you can try to charge the prepayment again.
Regards,

Glaucia

Reviewed 9 September 2018 via mobile

We had a room on the 4th floor tucked away down some steps. I don’t know about other rooms. But our room was very nice and a decent size. Bathroom was a good size, air con worked perfectly and the bed was huge and very comfortable. There was a large TV, safe and tea and coffee making facilities. It was tucked quite far away, so that particular room wouldn’t be the best if you had any kind of walking difficulties. Unfortunately the window wouldn’t open and it was quite dusty. That was the only down side. There is are two bars and a restaurant down the stairs. The bar to the left of the front desk (the kelvin) is cosy and has its own entrance. The main bar next to the restaurant is quite busy. The first day there I went to the toilet near the restaurant and there was three cubicles out of action as one seemed to be over flowing, toilet paper, water and mess all over the floors, lack of toilet roll in the cubicles which were working and customers had left things laying around which shouldn’t have been. It was mid day and although it would have been customers (probably from the night before). I would have thought it should have been cleaned by that time or closed off to the public and had a wet floor sign up. I was warned by a lady at the desk that the floor has been wet when I went through. But has I not asked where the toilet was and warned by her. I wouldn’t have watched my step.
Other than that it’s a lovely hotel and friendly staff who were extremely helpful.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple

Hi Sheil.

Thank you for your review.

I am glad to read how you enjoyed your bedroom.
We are aware of an issue with the Ladies which is being attended too .

Hope you return soon .