“Brilliant”
Review of St. Enoch Hotel

St. Enoch Hotel
Ranked #93 of 93 Hotels in Glasgow
Reviewed 11 April 2013 via mobile

Me and my four friends stayed in this hotel in February as we had the rocky horror booked. From the outside it dosnt even look like a hotel, but inside it's very clean and basic. When we got to our room there was three bunk beds inside we small room but had everything you needed from bathroom/shower kettle and a tv with freeview. Considering we paid £13 pound each this was just what we needed. In the morning we heard a small knock on the door we weren't sure if it was our door or not so left it, on leaving our room we found 5 little brown paper bags with a box of Kellogg's cereal inside a little carton of milk, spoon and a carton of orange or apple juice. I thought this was lovely considering how much we paid for this hotel. Overall I would definitely recommend this hotel for family's or groups for weekend stays. Hope this helps anyone looking for cheap accommodation for staying in Glasgow

• Stayed: February 2013

Reviewed 7 April 2013

I cannot believe that this hotel is even on the list of Budget Hotels in Glasgow because it is nothing by a "Doss House". The place is disgusting, the rooms even more...... a superior room which contained 4 bunk beds, bathroom which should have been condemmed urine down the walls, even the soap had small teeth marks and I cannot believe that they have been granted a licence to run a business. One look and I was checking myself OUT even the receptionist said that "He didn't blame me!" Their website is misleading.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank Helen G
Reviewed 3 April 2013

I'm not going to beat around the bush with this review - this is a budget hotel, £30 for a room that sleeps 3. You get what you pay for, and we were very happy with what we paid for! Warm room, clean, comfy bed....and the staff had left a breakfast pack at the door the next morning for us leaving. Nice touch! Will be back here!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 20 March 2013

I stayed in this hotel with my good friend Rob on a stag do of sorts. Coming from Cambridge originally I was not used to the bright lights and hussle-and-bussle of a big city such as Glasgow. However, Barry the concierge was most welcoming and would greet me with a 'Whit's yer game ballheid?' whenever I passed through reception.

We stayed over a weekend and I was pleasantly surprised by the quality of the bed linen and how the beds coped under extreme punishment.

However, my trip turned somewhat darker when, following a prolonged heavy petty session, my 'date' Clare turned out to be a man. I did what anybody else would, I finished up (twice) and politely asked her to leave. Upon exiting the room 'Clare' proceeded to run shouting up and down the corridor about some unpaid fees. This is when Barry the concierge proved his worth as he 'put the heid' on Clare and dragged her out into St Enochs Square enabling me to get some well deserved shut eye.

Overall, the hotel was very good and great value for money - leaving me with extra for some special activities.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
7  Thank George C
Reviewed 20 March 2013

The pros:
The location is very central, right beside the tube, central train station and the shopping area. There is also a Tesco right beside it which is handy.

Each room was given codes for free Wi-Fi.

There was breakfast delievered to the room each day which was nice, a juive box, cereal and milk. There was also a kettle and biscuits in the room. We were also given towels and soaps.

Staff were very friendly and helpful.

The cons: Rooms were a little cold and were quite bright in the mornings (had shutter blinds). Water pressure wasn't the best so our shower didn't work in the ensuite the first night.

Would recommend for young groups of friends, our room was bunk beds a bit like a hostel style but without lockers.

Room Tip: We booked a 3 person private room and were given a room with 2 sets of bunk beds.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 February 2013

was ok ...but stairways very narrow and dangerous.... room was ok .... but ive been ill since i came home .... as you,s put homeless people up in this hotel they could be druggies or drinkers ...but i never seen any hand sanitiser ....specially at tops of landings and bottoms of stairs as who knows what germs people have on there hands and if they are holding on to bannister yuk .. this probably explains why i am ill ....

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 February 2013

A good value for money place to spend a few nights. Very convenient for Glasgow Central station and St.Enoch Subway (underground) station. Despite the budget price I got a en-suite double to myself.The only drawback is that on a Friday or Saturday there is quite a lot of street noise from the kebab and chipshops on the street it fronts onto. Maybe you could ask for a back room,I will next time.

Room Tip: Back room if poss
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo