“Shocking”

Ranked #95 of 95 Hotels in Glasgow
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Shocking”
Reviewed 16 May 2014

Reception women was not helpfull when cheking in. The place smelt vile. The stairs was filthy an smelt even worse. Words cannot described the actual room. The beds were bend an lose. Sheets an bedsing damp muky an smelly. Bathroom looked like it had never been cleaned. Stair ways was full of alcholics and heroin addicts. An to top it off are bags had been searched an some items stolen. Deffo wont be staying here again. Prison cells seem more apealing

• Stayed May 2014
3 Thank unhappycustomman

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
  • Polish first
Zaragoza, Spain
Reviewed 13 May 2014

I met my friend in Glasgow.
She arrived by the afternoon, but she didn't think about checking the room, our bathroom and so on...so that I did when arrived around 23h.
It was late, I was so tired and I just wanted to relax.
When I entered in the room it was depressing.
A double bedroom with bathroom ensuite. Everything was wet, and pieces of wall were all around the room and also the bathroom (so the toilet, shower and toilet paper were not clean at all because of the pieces of wall).
I was about to go to bed...and I just realized how the sheets were...so dirty. I went down to the reception and told all that to the man in the recepcion. I asked for another room because it was so disgusting, but he said that our room was the only one... so he gave me new sheets and my intention was to change.
Then I saw the matrress...dirty again!!! and there was even an insect...I couldn't even take a look, it was too disgusting so that I went down once more and explained that I was not able to sleep there, that it was a shame and that I wanted another room.
Finally I could change to another room, it was not perfectly clean but it was enough just for one night.
I will never go back. If you want my advice, do not go there.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
4 Thank Beatriz P

Travellers are raving about these Glasgow hotels

New Delhi, India
Reviewed 10 May 2014

No kidding! Im actually very surprized that this hostel has this many BAD reviews . I booked this hostel on phone with Josh (the reception guy) and the hostel barely costel me 10 pound for a Night with 6 or 4 bed sharing. I HAD read the tons of bad reviews but still gave this a shot keeping another hostel in mind for a back up if this turned out as pathetic.
So the first day ,when Josh showed me my 6 bed sharing room, the room only had an upper bunk bed which i could not use because i had just recovered from a fracture and did not want to risk my foot so i requested him if he could do something about it. He shifted to me in a double sharing room with en-suite ( no extra charge) for the first night ,following day i was shifted to the 6 bed sharing room which was pretty decent But there were some problems with this room.
The Shower drain wasnt Working (eww) and the Mirror was VERY badly placed bettween beds that you had to go up to the first bed and only then get ready and lighting of the room was also kinda poor. The reception adviced me to use the shared shower for the next day and they will see if they can shift me to another room. Next day i Was shifted to another room with 4 beds sharing. and I have NO Complaints at all. (Room no.1 ) The bed was very comfortable , the toilet (ensuite) was neat and regularly cleaned, room was well light. All the Towels ,soaps shampoo were changed and provided to us Everyday and i stuck to this room till the last day at glasgow (stayed for 6 nights) .
Please do not think, this place is a "HOTEL" ofcourse its not for 10 pounds you dont get luxury Hotels and know what youre looking for. But if youre travelling alone, or with a few friends and just need a comfortable place to stay. Really ,ignore the bad reviews Go for this place. And i have stayed at other hostels in Scotland after i left glasgow and im up to write a negative review on them so i know how better this hostel was not just better but defnitely Value for money,it has some minor flaws some of which like i told you but the best thing is they fix it for you and not act cocky like some other hotel/hostel staff. They even give you light breakfast everyday (Milk, juice ,cornflakes cookies). Besides the staff was Super sweet and friendly specially the middle aged man who sat there at Night and another young guy. There is a burger shop next to the hostel open till 2 am and a pub next to that Moreover its really at the center of everything.
I love St. Enoch Hostel and no Doubt that when im in Glasgow next im booking this place again. All though i really request that the price remains low as it is now :)
<3 Archy

Room Tip: I liked Room no. 1 and 7.
Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Archyjay
leicester
Reviewed 7 May 2014

Cannot believe the bad reviews this hotel as got.Firstly i paid £24 through laterooms.com for a double room with en suite facilities.As a courier driver all i wanted was a clean comfortable bed which i got,you even had a flat screen tv with easy to use remote control,some of the top hotels i still use have still got old style tv's !.Ok it wasn't the ritz but hey you pay for what you get.It.The price didn't include breakfast but was informed at reception there will be a bag outside your door in the morning containing a plastic bowl and spoon with a small carton of cereal,bottle of milk and a carton of fruit juice.I thought this was a really good gesture from the owners so many thanks for that.You had tea making facilities and was left 3 packets of biscuits as well.Next door is a nice bar called hootenanny with nice friendly staff and you get 15% off food and drinks if you show your hotel room key fob.Also a kebab shop nearby open until 4am if you are feeling peckish.What is there not to like about this brilliant location.I will definitely be staying here again next time i'm in Glasgow.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank thefoxesleicester
north ayrshire
Reviewed 4 May 2014 via mobile

Please avoid this terrible hotel well its suposed to be a hotel but its more like a hostel for the homeless it was filthy very grubby and wall paper was even hanging from the walls without a bout the dirtiest place ive ever stayed in for sure its perfectly situated for the city center close to all the shops & subway but thats about it the place is terrible the night we stayed the bathroom roof fell in & alk they did was switch off the water & close the door they gave us a key to a room upstairs to use the bathroom but that was even dirtier than the roon we had was charged for the room & promised a refund due to all the hassle we had but one week one the manager still has not called or taken my calls (ive called 4 times ) the place is a compleate joke stay at your own risk honestly its that bad

Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 April 2014 via mobile

To be honest, this hotel has a good location, it near the subway and all other shops. but np internet access as stated, no matter how many time you try to key the password it would not work and the elder staff told me to go next door coffee shop to use the Internet. feel really uncomfortable about it.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Chris W
Inverurie, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 April 2014

OK, this was a budget hotel, but it really was VERY basic!We have stayed in various budget hotel in Glasgow, including the Euro Hostal, for less cost and this was much poorer value, The windows were grimy and last washed about 10 years ago. Outside our first floor window was a massive ashtray. where cigarette butts had been discarded on top of the front door lintel.! The shower went everywhere except out of the shower-head. The towels were dirty - one of them had suspicious-looking brown stains on it! The bed was not too bad, but no bedside tables. The kettle boiled in the corner, and couldn't be moved due to flex-restriction, so the steam knocked all the paper off the wall! The breakfast (left outside the door, in a brown paper bag!) was the final straw for us - a polystyrene bowl, rice krispies and skimmy milk.We realise that you get what you pay for, but we will never stay there again. We feel fortunate not to have picked up bed-bugs!

Room Tip: Don't stay there. If you want a centrally-situated, budget hotel with reasonable value, try the...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family