“JEWEL IN THE CROWN”

Ranked #415 of 2,555 Restaurants in Glasgow
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 1 July 2014

This Restaurant is tucked back from the road and would be hard to find. The food is first class and you can tell the spices they use are fresh especially the corriander. The portions are of a good size and if you are unable to finish anything they give you it away in a container. This has to be one of the best Indian Restaurants around. As for value for money I guarantee it cannot be beaten. I have seen my husband and I going to the Theatre in Glasgow and we then head for the Delhi Darbar. I am fortunate that this is on my doorstep and I can assure you as our local it is well used. I guarantee you won't be disappointed.

5  Thank Sandieholm059

Reviewed 27 June 2014

We regularly eat here and the food is always first class. The value for money is second to none but that would mean nothing to us if the food was not as good as it is. It's always jam packed with customers. That tells it's own story

3  Thank Klfenion
Reviewed 30 April 2014

I'm a Glasgow girl that lives down South and I always go here when I go home
Not only is the quality of the food great but the portion sizes are generous
Staff are friendly & attentive and nothing is too much trouble for them
Price wise you won't be disappointed

4  Thank Melanie F
Reviewed 29 April 2014

Good service waiters are all friendly food is great and good value, you are best to book your table as the restaurant is always busy.

3  Thank valleyghirl
Reviewed 25 April 2014

I just cant believe some of the nonsense written on here. Trust me, this is one of the best places to have curry in Scotland, never mind Glasgow. The best term to describe the experience is 'eat it and beat it' as it's ALWAYS full, there are ALWAYS people waiting and the staff need to turn the tables over quickly and get the 'next load in', fine dining it is not however name another restaurant in the West of Scotland that is full to capacity MON/TUE/WED/THU/FRI/SAT/SUN nights??? Name another and you will be lying.

The food is excellent (yes, surely the main reason we go out for dinner?)
The staff are...busy! (if you want fussed over then go elsewhere)
The prices equal fantastic value for money (set menu offer especially..complete bargain)
Atmosphere (No fancy décor here however a busy restaurant always has a good ambience no matter the decor)

People, you know who you are...should be ashamed of yourself:

'We had to wait in a big long queue'......and?? Imagine a food joint being busy eh! Terrible.
'We booked a table'...local knowledge dictates TURN UP EARLY AS POSSIBLE to get a table.
'The waiter was rude'....no wonder, poor guy having to serve so many numpties!
'We couldn't read the menu'...You should have gone to specsavers! Bring a torch next time.
'We had to queue into the car park'....eh...that's because its popular and VERY BUSY.
'They are keen to move you on'...20 people queued up in the car park remember..no wonder!

Well done to the staff and management at this place for running such a busy and popular place.
It must be tough working so hard everyday from the minute you walk in the door until the minute you walk back out the door in the wee small hours...all to start it all over again the same day!

This place must be making someone very rich...well deserved I say.

See you again soon.