“Lovely meal”
Review of Charcoals

Charcoals
Reserve with OpenTable
Charcoals is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #43 of 2,428 Restaurants in Glasgow
Neighbourhood: City Centre
Preston, United Kingdom
“Lovely meal”
Reviewed 10 August 2014

Dropped into Charcoals on Friday evening, we had no booking but we were found a table after a short wait. Quickly presented with drinks and menus and lovely crisp poppadoms. Finally decided on lamb chops which were delivered on a sizzling platter accompanied by a rich tangy sauce. The food and service was excellent at a very reasonable cost. Would definitely recommend a visit.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Scotland
“Absulotely Brilliant”
Reviewed 9 August 2014

My family and I went to charcoals for our lunch today and it was lovely - best restaurant I've been to in a while. The service was fantastic, the starte took about 10 minutes to come out and once we were finished our dinner was there straight away. The waiters couldn't have been more helpful as they always had a smile on there face and asked a couple of times if you needed anything. The food was beautiful - I myself had the Chicken South Indian Chilli curry which was amazing, it was quite spicy but it was beautiful. My parents thoroughly enjoyed their chicken bhoona also. The price was very good as there was three of us and I would definetly go there again.

1 Thank Kellyt9254
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Top Notch”
Reviewed 8 August 2014

We vistited this restaurant for my sisters birthday. I booked on line and mentioned it was her birthday and they really made a fuss of us. The broad of 7 were well catered for. The food is gorgeous, Indian food isn't really my thing, but it is now - I've obviously been eating in the wrong restaurants! The chicken boona was fantastic and everyone agreed that this is now their favourite dining place. No, its not fancy, but the food is superb, the staff are excellent and the price is spot on. Big shout out to Ali and his staff who made it a very memorable day! Ps loved the pictures of all the athelets you showed us who frequented your restaurant during the Games - shows how good your food is. And we will be back again, for sure.

London, United Kingdom
“Best Indian Food in Scotland”
Reviewed 7 August 2014

As always the quality of food and service by Ali, the maitre'd, was outstanding. This restaurant is the choice of the stars for very good reason: top quality food and brilliant service all at a very reasonable price. I would never visit Glasgow without a trip to Charcloals!

Visited August 2014
Perth, Australia
“Great Service”
Reviewed 7 August 2014

We were recommended to dine at Charcoals by the reception at the hotel we were staying at. The experience did not disappoint.

The service was excellent, servers always enquiring about our needs and meals bought promptly.

The samosa that we had for starter was a stand out, highly recommend. several of the other dishes were quite good as well.

Limited choice of wine, but the wine they served was very good.

1 Thank CocoTampa123