“Highlight of Glasgow”
Review of La Lanterna

La Lanterna
Ranked #32 of 2,602 Restaurants in Glasgow
Good for: Romantic, Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighbourhood: City Centre
Description: Winner of Best Restaurant and Best Team at the 2015 Italian Awards, La Lanterna has been serving customers Glasgow's finest Italian food experience for over 45 years. Situated opposite Central Station and adjacent to Radisson Blu Hotel, it is the ideal location for a business event or for visitors to the city. On offer are a fine selection of handmade pastas and raviolis with wild boar or seafood. For meat lovers there are a selection of steaks including both veal and beef T-bones. A selection of daily fish specials are always available along with an extensive Italian wine list selected from the finest vineyards in Italy. A warm welcome awaits in a friendly and intimate atmosphere in the heart of Glasgow.
Reviewed 20 August 2011

Exceptional restaurant made better by David and Paolo. These two gentlemen were outstanding. They made me feel special and, along with the food and wine, gave me an evening to remember. Thanks, David and Paolo, for a great visit. I can't wait to return!

Write a ReviewReviews (2,058)

Reviewed 19 August 2011

I am just back from a lovely meal at La Lanterna in Glasgow. I have been there three times now and this time was certainly the best. I've had pasta there before and it has always been good but this time I decided to go with a meat option and it was absolutely delicious. The service was excellent, particularly from our Hungarian waiter who was charming - I hope he has a nice time when he returns to Hungary for a family visit next week!

Reviewed 18 August 2011

In a bit of a rush so just ordered two starters for two and two glasses of sparkling wine. The shared the soup into two bowls - plenty and give us fresh bread. Great value - great service overall really nice place and not expensive.

Reviewed 16 August 2011

Quite simply this is the best Italian food I've ever had. And probably the best food full stop (well, I prefer Indian but this beats anything else!). The restaurant itself is quite small and underground, but being so only adds to the warm, cosy and romantic atmosphere of the place.

For ease of reference I'll list the pros below, I would also list the cons but there seriously aren't any. If you like Italian food, you live in Glasgow and you haven't been here yet, get your act together!

-Stunning food
-Excellent value
-Attentive and friendly staff
-Great surroundings and atmosphere
-Good portion sizes
-Excellent ice cream (and cheese cake)
-Conveniently situated next to Glasgow Central Station

Reviewed 14 August 2011

I went there last night for supper; I was going to go somewhere else first but La Lanterna was recommended to me by someone and after reading the reviews I decided this was a good place to try out. The food and service were both very good. It was the first time in a week of travelling Scotland that I had lamb that wasn't cooked to the point of no return; the rack of lamb was nicely done and tender and flavourful. The vegetables were well cooked also; to the point of being done, not mushy. My son had the fillet with green peppercorn and brandy sauce. The fillet was perfectly done; he said it was very good although he felt the sauce could have used a little more zing to it. The price seemed reasonable to me, especially when compared to what other places have cost so far and the quality of the food. I would definitely go back.