“One of the best in Merchant City”
Review of Mharsanta

Mharsanta
Reserve with OpenTable
Mharsanta is not available through our online partner for your requested time.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #319 of 2,775 Restaurants in Glasgow
Reviewed 18 November 2018 via mobile

This was our first visit to Mharsanta for dinner. We had previously been for “bubbles n bites” and that convinced us that we needed to try their main menu.

The menu is made up of Scottish produce and there are some really imaginative dishes on offer. The haggis scotch egg for our starter was fantastic. I kept it traditional for my main course and had the steak and sausage pie, whilst my other half had the Balmoral chicken.
The portions were an ideal size but we were just too full to fit in dessert.

The background music is also Scottish themed - hits from all the Scottish pop stars - it almost gives the place a Hogmanay feel.

There are 6 speciality whisky cocktails and my husband only managed 3 of them so we will definitely be back.

Date of visit: November 2018

Reviewed 17 November 2018 via mobile

This restaurant is a fairly recent addition to what is on offer in Merchant City. It is certainly worth a visit, not fine dining but good honest well cooked food at a reasonable price.

The staff are very helpful and out waitress Mellissa deserves special mention. First class service all with a smile.

Date of visit: November 2018
Reviewed 17 November 2018 via mobile

Had a lovely Sunday afternoon with the girls here. We had the bubbles and bites which is a nice twist on an afternoon tea....we had an amazing delicious platter plus Prosecco...and we had cocktails too.
The staff are great and really friendly and the bubbles and bites platter is actual amazing. The halloumi skewers are honestly my fave....I’ve also been in for lunch and these are my first choice.
There was more than enough for us and it was nice to have a different kind of afternoon tea...this is a savoury one, comforting and tasty grub.....it’s ideal!!!!

Like I say I’ve been for lunch before and I love the place. If you can go and try it....the burgers are amazing and the halloumi skewers are just sooooo good!!!!

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed 17 November 2018 via mobile

Mharsanta is a wonderful restaurant serving delicious food with a Scottish twist. The haggis bonbons and steak pie are highly recommended! The location is perfect for meet ups with friends and loved ones in Glasgow.

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed 17 November 2018 via mobile

Went recently with friends had heard great reviews wasn’t disappointed , beautiful decor fab staff and what a choice of menu, I had the halloumi burger best I’ve ever had. Will definitely be back.

Date of visit: October 2018