Crookston Hotel
US$395
US$316
Agoda.com
  • Pool
Grand Central Hotel(Glasgow)(Great Value!)
US$235
US$190
Agoda.com
  • Restaurant
Jurys Inn Glasgow(Glasgow)(Great Value!)
US$168
Orbitz.com
  • Restaurant
All reviewsglasgow airportfunction suiteenjoyed my staytrain stationtea and coffeewould stay here againtwo nights
Reviewed 16 June 2012

Visiting a patient in Ross Hall Hospital without car transport, this hotel is conveniently located. A five minute walk. However, that is about the only plus. For £29.95 for a single room without en suite you are probably getting just about what you are paying for. The breakfast was OK. Room was OK with TV but bed was very uncomfortable and did not feel clean.
It has a bar and so if you want a few drinks, fairly friendly staff and you are not too particular about cleanliness, this could suit, otherwise not.
There are at least 2 B&B nearby if you have transport with much higher specification with en suite and really good breakfast and about same price but they were full.
Overall, I could not say value for money.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo
5  Thank Jay088
Reviewed 13 April 2012

On arrival at the function suit for my daughter's 21st party i walked in to three members of staff eating their dinner on the buffet table we were to use we were 10 mintues early, The next thing I was aproched by an aggressive middle age small blonde female who stated she had removed party poppers that she had watched me place in the afternoon as they were not allowed though at no time were we told this and argued that they never allow them which maybe is a rule now but i have been to functions there before and they did have them out on tables. She then proceded to stand leaning on the bar with arms folded glaring at everyone, as the night progressed she was happy enough to serve every young guest drink and take there money and watch them partying and let them get more and more drunker. On two ocasions i personaly had to tell guests off and they calmed down watched on by the bar staff who was still serving them DRINKand taking their money. At the end of the night as we were trying to gather everything together i was confronted once again by this female mouthing of about the state one table of young ones had made on the floor and how she would be there till 3am cleaning it up most exagirated as it was one table that had knocked crisps over the floor. She then went on to rip in to me how thats why they dont allow crisps to be brought in yet they sell them behind the bar and not at any time did she say anything while we were putting them out. She then went on to aggresively say we should not have been in till 7.30pm but at the time when walked in 10 minutes early not one word was said,when i argued the point she stated that what a mess they had made and she had to clean it up, which she is employed to do,after which she had stood at the bar all night facing this table watching what they were doing and not at any time did she say a word to them or my daughter or her father, but waited till they had left had had a go at me aggresively and obnoxiously. As i was a guest at the party and had not booked it or paid for it i am totaly disgusted to have been treated in such a manor and shouted at and when i said i would be putting a complaint in about her she turned round and blatantly lied about her name saying it was thomson knowing fine well thats the owners name and not her's to my back as i was pushing my 2yr old grandaughter out in her buggy. The buffet they served was disgusting three kinds of sandwiches sausage rolls and cold mini pizza bites and a glass of rosie sparkling wine not the bubbly they advertise a total rip off at the price they charge.This was removed after an hour without asking us and trays that were not touched was not even offered to be given to take home if wanted, maybe the staff were hungry . I have never been so disgusted at the way i have been treated by a small middle age blonde female bar staff who has a big chip on her shoulder and clearly should not be working with members of the general public where she is happy to supply them with drink no matter how much they have drank and take their money off them then has a go in a manor that i would never speak to or treat clients and i say hand on heart that my employes would hall me over the coals if i did but then again i have manners.
So if you want a low class fuction for yourselfs and have a bar staff who treats you like something she stepped in by all means book this hotel, but if you have any sense you will give it a wide berth and inform all friends family and work collegues to do the same and book some where that you will be treated with respect and curtesy as i will certainly be informing as many people as i can friends and at work

Room Tip: dont bothere even looking
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
13  Thank Disgustedmother21st
Reviewed 18 January 2012

I stayed at the Crookston recently and was extremely disappointed. As its situated near the hospital where I had an early morning appointment, I'd booked myself there to avoid the stress of driving through rush hour traffic. I paid £44.95 BB for a single en suite. I'd planned to relax in my room after a nice hot bath or shower and watch a bit of TV.
When I arrived I had to park in the street as the car park was full. There was afunction on. The reception desk was unmanned so I rang the bell, like the sign said, and waited several minutes and got no response. I rang it again, waited several more minutes and again until someone finally arrived. No apology for the wait. I was shown to my room where the man had to fiddle with the key for quite some time before the door opened. The room had two double beds none of which were great. Everything in the room was old and tardy. The TV was old fashioned and the size of a postage stamp, although there was a freeview box. I had to scrapand idea I had of taking a hot bath or warm shower as there was no bath and the bathroom was freezing cold. Neither was the room warm so I huddled under the duvet in this dismal room for the rest of the night. The bedding didn't feel fresh so I slept with my clothes on. When I say 'slept' I drifted in and out f sleep all night because everytime I opened the bathroom door it set the noisy extractor fan off for ages afterwards. Even if you used the bathroom with no light the fan still belted out noise because it's linked the door opening?! Unrested and feeling grubby I went down for breakfast which wasn't too bad because I only ordered poached eggs however I was sat by the window watching condensation drizzle down the glass onto window seat cushions. Had this only cost me £29.95, fair enough but £44.95 way way too much for this tired, damp old building. I'd rate it 2*. Owners need to up their game

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled solo
6  Thank Lirva_200
Reviewed 18 January 2012

My husband I and I both Scottish expats living in the US decided to go home to Glasgow for Christmas. We decided along with the rest of my family ( in Glasgow) to give the Crookston Hotel a try for accommodation and Christmas Day Dinner. Everything was fantastic, from the staff, the room and food! We have a truly fantastic stay and cannot wait to return again in February!!
Thank you for a wonderful time!!

Room Tip: Room 19 in the hotel where we stayed was gorgeous!! Very homely, very clean and excellent value for money. Will be visiting again in February and certainly ooking to go straight back to the Crookston Hotel.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
4  Thank UKexpatUS
Reviewed 29 December 2011

I really dont know were to begin as the whole experience was a nightmare. As most of you will agree christmas dinner is one of the most looked forward to meals of the year, and if this is the case do not go to the crookston hotel !!!!
when we arrived we were shown to our table were there were printed a4 sheets of paper with a selection on it of what was on offer to us. No fancy menu just a plain sheet of paper, bearing in mind it was 46.95 per adult and 23.50 a child. There were 7 adults in our party and 5 children which in total our food was well over £400 not inc drinks. The starter came which was pate we choose, consisting of a small slice of pate and 2 slice of melba solid toast, followed by lentil soup. Up until now this was ok although it would have cost about £10 for the whole of our party as i costed it myself. Then came the main course choice of braised steak,turkey and trimmings or ham. The steak was like jelly, the roast potatoes were frozen potatoes which were rock solid,the turkey was 2 slice of fake turkey, 2 solid potatoes and a little veg and the ham was tinned accompanied by the 2 solid potatoes and veg. The dinners came and were all cold, disgusting and a total rip off. The kids were offered chicken nuggets or fish fingers for their 23.50 !!!!! The desert topped it off 3 very small profiteroles in cheap chocolate sauce and you could tell it was a frozen cheap desert, the christmas pudding was cold and rock solid. After we gave back all the full plates we never seen another waitress as they managed to miss our table with the tea, coffee and fudge. My mother had to go up and get her own tea which was cold anyway!!!!! on the day we were presented with our bill to be told there was a ten percent service charge to be added which was definetly not explained when booking!!!
my mum briefly told the waitress on the day she wasnt really happy and didnt want to cause a scene on the day so we left and my mum phoned on boxing day to speak to the owner who obviously doesnt like criticism!!! she listened to my mum couldnt answer any of our complaints and proceeded to say "i take it you wont be back next year" an absolute cheek if you ask me , as complaints should be taken seriously and allow them to correct the situation for next year. Now reading this you might think this was just a one off bad experience but we have used this hotel numerously over the past 10 yrs for 2 weddings, 2 funerals and numerous bar lunches and have always been happy with the food and service. NEVER EVER BOOK FOR YOU CHRISTMAS DINNER IT WAS A RIP OFF AND DISGUSTING !!!!!!

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family