“party”
Review of Crookston Hotel

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Glasgow
Crookston Hotel
Ranked #23 of 36 Glasgow B&B and Inns
Reviewed 9 August 2013

NICE time staff very nice the party was good and the bar staff look after you they are all very nice
so if you want a party have it in the Crookston Hotel Dj was great to very nice party room spacious and very clean .

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends

Reviewed 18 July 2013

after being left behind by EASY JET at glasgow airport,i had to find a place to spend the night.problem was Robbin Williams was in town . £ 70.00 later taxi driver found this place for me..it was abox room but to me at that moment it was better that anything alladins geni could have done .. the food was by far better than a 4 star hotel i had just come from

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank roadsideshop
Reviewed 30 June 2013

My friend and I are just back from staying two nights in the hotel. The staff are by far and away the friendliest and most helpful people we have ever come across in any hotel, and as experienced travellers we are more than qualified to make such a bold statement!!
The room was spacious, the beds were clean and comfortable and the bathroom was spotless. I thoroughly enjoyed my brief stay, as did my friend and we shall be back in the due course of time the next time we find ourselves in Scotland (which will hopefully be soon)
The train station is convenient for a trip into Glasgow city, and any questions we asked the staff about certain locations ect they went completely out of their way to find out answers for us. The breakfasts are lovely and warm, and plentiful too.
Cannot fault our stay in any way, shape or form... Apart from one thing... We so would have loved to have stayed longer!!
Mini PS here... Drink bottled water, the water from the taps is ok for making tea but doesn't taste too good straight from the tap!

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank inklady1010
Reviewed 25 March 2013

I enjoyed my stay at this hotel room was lovely, food was great, and excellent Customer service which is very rare to find. Will use this Hotel again when I am in Glasgow was only a 10 minute walk from Ross Hall Hospital.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank Dierdregray
Reviewed 22 February 2013

I was visiting Glasgow for a business visit to a local Hospital and chose this hotel for its location more than anything else. When I arrived I was made very welcome and shown to a small ensuite room upstairs in what appeared to be a segregated area of single rooms. My only caveat at that stage was the strong smell of tobacco smoke in that segregated section which as a reformed smoker of nearly 20 years I cannot say I liked much. However, all else was fine and whilst not perhaps to top hotel standards it was all clean and serviceable. In fact it sounds like I may have stayed in the same room as stupark but clearly with a very different experience. I slept very well and for breakfast I had the best poached eggs I have ever had in a Hotel and the service was good and friendly. I also spoke with another resident at breakfast who told me he had stayed for several weeks as he was working locally at one of the hospitals and he was delighted with his stay and could not speak highly enough of his welcome from the local people in the Bar and the staff at the Hotel. This is a clean and friendly local budget hotel and is very reasonable in terms of cost, I will happily stay here again and recommend it to others. If you want a modern soulless experience then this is not for you but if you want to meet the kind, funny and generous people of Glasgow then it most certainly is.

Room Tip: If you are not a smoker say so and get a room away from the 'segregated' rooms.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Paulje47
Reviewed 28 January 2013

Just wanted to say on here how nice our recent stay at the crookston hotel was . Rooms were basic but clean , a party going on in the bar when leaving they was a little noisy which was quickly controlled by the friendly staff . The breakfast again was served by friendly staff, with a good choice. Well worth the money .

• Stayed: January 2013
1  Thank kered3
Reviewed 30 November 2012

This is a basic but very friendly place and I'm surprised by the poor comments. I have been at several functions and never encountered any problems. Family and friends have also stayed overnight and were more than satisfied . The bar meals and food at the functions is very good. Yes it does have a late licence at weekends, so, if staying, ask for a room at the back. The lounge is nicely furnished and has a very well stocked bar. Friendly staff.
The hotel has a regular clientel of workmen etc staying during week days and I'm sure they wouldnt return if there were any major problems. For a while until recently the lounge bar had a resident Ghost....true, I'm told, and was even reported in Daily newspapers. So, yes it does serve spirits

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends
5  Thank Mabozaritchie
Also consider these accommodations in or near Glasgow
Watermill Hotel
South Side
Premier Inn Glasgow Pacific Quay (SECC) Hotel
Ashtree House Hotel
#4 of 9 in Paisley

Been to Crookston Hotel? Share your experiences!