“Lovely & Friendly Hotel”
Review of Crookston Hotel

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Glasgow
Crookston Hotel
Ranked #26 of 36 Glasgow B&B and Inns
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Lovely & Friendly Hotel”
Reviewed 18 May 2014

Had a wonderful stay here at the crookston Hotel. A warm & welcoming greeting from all members of staff? The food was amazing & We thoroughly enjoyed our stay & are looking forward to our return visit.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Liz B

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 April 2014

I was looking for suitable premises to use for my Business whilst many of us came up from England to work on a project in the area.
I E mailed this Hotel just to find out if there was any free secure parking. All I have received was an E mail asking me to phone them 'To discuss' this??? What?? Despite me giving my daytime number to make contact I have not received a response. If this is how their customers are treated - NO THANK YOU I will use the Swallow Hotel nearby.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank Stuart K

Travellers are raving about these Glasgow hotels

Fort Worth, Texas
Reviewed 31 March 2014 via mobile

I was at this hotel in September 2013. A great looking place. Food was wonderful. My family held my 50 th birthday party there. The staff went out of their way to see to our needs. I stopped by several time during my stay and the staff was always happy to see you there. Always "thank you" and "glad you're here." Anything you order off the menu was warm and brought out in a timely manner. Whenever I'm in Glasgow, I make it a point to drop in.

Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank John W
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed 26 March 2014

What a wonderful place.
Anyone here complaining about rooms etc. if you wanted something fancy go to a big brand name hotel... why are you staying in a little suburb of Glasgow?
If you are high maintenance or a princess- don't stay here.
If you want to meet some of the best people you'll ever meet in your life- stay here. I stayed here a few years ago and it was the best travel experience of my life. I stayed for a week and the staff was so fun and friendly, and the food was great. The pub downstairs was a riot... i met people from all over, and hung out with the locals every night. they told us fun things to do, how to take the train and bus etc. My favorite person was Scott- the local mail man, what a gem. They sure do love Canadians- i didn't pay for 1 beer my entire time there. Everyone was just so warm and friendly, it was like something out of a movie. I was rarely in my room, only for sleep, and i was too drunk to notice anything wrong with it so i have no comments on that. I love that this little town was full of fun loving people. we went to karaoke down the street and i made lots of new friends there. I

f you're crying that your shower wasn't hot enough, your bed too stiff, then maybe you aren't drinking enough or better suited for a boring commercial place!

Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank CanadianPoutine
Livingston, Scotland, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 March 2014

I might have stayed in worse hotels but none come to mind. Room was basic to say the least and bed-covers had a musty smell. En-suite was more of an en-bog! Terrible shower with a note on bathroom door saying...."please run the shower for 2 mins before using!!!" Even after doing that it went intermittently hot and cold which turned a 5 min shower into half an hour dodging the piping hot and freezing cold water. Cobwebs all around the cornices of the room which clearly they never bother cleaning. The door lock was "a little bit temperamental" according to the staff member who showed us to the room. The penny should have dropped when we arrived and the person on reception asked us to pay for our night stay BEFORE we even saw our room. Had we been staying longer than one night I would've probably told him where to shove his stupid request. Avoid this disgusting hotel like the plague it's a dirty little hovel and if there were minus ratings I would happily have put this place down for a -10.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Kenny T
Ardrossan, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 February 2014

I was with a party of about 20 guests at a 90th birthday party. The party was in the restaurant which was private for that day. The room was set up beautifully, and the 3 course meal was excellent. The waitress who attended us and served up the meals was very friendly and excellent at her job. I cannot comment on prices as I was a guest .
I would certainly go back there again to have a meal and a drink.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
North York Moors National Park, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 February 2014

We took a family member to the Ross Hall Hospital in Glasgow, and needed somewhere close to stay. It is off normal tourist routes, but -this is a hidden gem of a hotel. True - it is old, and shows its age, but for welcome, both from the staff and the locals in the bar, you would have to look very hard to find better. The bar is lively and at times noisy with laughter - for which the locals come to you and apologise Truly - nothing is too much trouble. One of the rooms had a problem with the shower, and instantly - an upgraded room.
We returned from the hospital too late for dinner - but the food had been kept back and warm. The most delicious steak pie that I have tasted.
The breakfasts are well cooked and large portions are the norm, so be prepared.
Value for money is therefore excellent. This is not an expensive hotel.
I have no reservations that if I am in the area i would stay here again.

Room Tip: Get the upgraded rooms - by far the best. Check your shower early in your stay.