“Wow! Can't Stop Raving About This!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #63 of 2,388 Restaurants in Glasgow
Price range: US$21 - US$28
Cuisines: Seafood, European, British, Scottish
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighbourhood: City Centre
Stirling, United Kingdom
“Wow! Can't Stop Raving About This!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2014

Wow, just wow! What an amazing meal I had at this restaurant. The food was absolutely excellent - best cullen skink I have ever tasted in my life. You could taste how fresh the ingredients were. I had chicken with haggis for main and again exquisite quality and taste. Can I also recommend the sticky toffee pudding - seriously tasty, I stole some from my mum and instantly regretted not having 3 courses. The service was second to none and we were asked several times if we wanted more bread - a tiny detail that I personally judge a restaurant on. The waiting staff were friendly, warm and could not do more for us. Whoever trained them has done a fab job. At £16 for 2 courses with wine, I am astonished at the value. We will be back soon! Already recommended it and was only there yesterday! Well done on this fabulous little restaurant. Loved every second. Now desperate to try others in the 'Two Fat Ladies' group.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Louvic26

Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Thursday Dinner”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2014 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

I was surprised how good this was. It's quite an intimatelittle restaurant, with exceedingly high quality & tempting menu.

Visited May 2014
lancaster
“Great Sea Food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2014

Was up in Glasgow to see Prince at The Hydro and wanted something to avoid having to pay £20 for a concert Pizza. I have worked in Glasgow and tried most of the decent restaurants over the years. Fancied sea food and was going to go to Gambas which is always good. 2 fat ladies was recommended by a friend. It's just off Blythswood Square and 100 metres from Gambas. The room was pretty busy at 6pm with a mix of tourists, Glasgow ladies that dine (All the good Glasgow restaurants always seem to be full of well dressed Glaswegian 40 and 50 something women whenever I go) and some rowdy workers probably from one of the dozens of nearby Law or Accountancy firms.
The menu for pre theatre was selections from the main menu and at £18 for 3 course looked good value. I choose the Cullen Skink as I always do when in Scotland and my wife had goats cheese. My Skink was a bit disappointing, not enough fish, potato cubes not quite cooked and liquor/sauce/soup a bit milky rather than creamy. Mains I had a chicken supreme with haggis and red wine and wife had
Cod dish. Both excellent, mine was particularly good, chicken was tasty and the sauce superb. We then both had a cheescake on shortbread with rhubarb, again superb. I had an excellent house resiling and wife had a couple of glasses of proseecco, £56 altogether. Very nice, as good as Gambas and worth a more leisurely visit in the future. If you are a tourist in Glasgow head up to this area at the top of Blythswood Street/West George Street/West Regent Street at the top of the hill. Lots of good restaurants and bars away from the mundane down by the city centre.

Visited May 2014
United Kingdom
“Luv,luv,luv”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2014

Went to eat at this restaurant last night and have to say it was one of the best meals I have out in ages. Restaurant was full and had a nice atmosphere. Staff were excellent, polite and very friendly.lovely menu and the food was just superb. I had the cauliflower soup followed by the Shetland salmon with beet root purée which was divine. Portion was just right and it came with beautiful vegetables of courgettes,carrots and potatoes. The salmon melted in your mouth and was obviously good fresh quality. I shared the cheesecake with rhubarb served on shortbread. Beautiful is all I can say. The service was excellent,our waitress was lovely and the food was piping hot.what more can I say apart from I will visit again

• Visited May 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
London, United Kingdom
“All round excellence”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2014

Service was great ; the staff were very attentive and friendly managing to make time for our booking even though they were very busy.
Food was beautiful; cooked to perfection.
Would highly recommend this restaurant, will be visiting again on our next trip to Glasgow!

• Visited May 2014