Blythswood Square
Hotels.com
US$173
US$146
  • Room Service
Jurys Inn Glasgow(Glasgow)(Great Value!)
US$167
Orbitz.com
  • Restaurant
Grand Central Hotel(Glasgow)(Great Value!)
US$236
US$146
PremierInn.com
  • Free Internet
2,898 results
All reviewsthermal experiencemarble bathroomharris tweedmarket menucocktail barspa facilitiesbeautiful hoteldeluxe roomfive star hotelhotel guestsbirthday treatfull scottish breakfastporridgefollowing morningcooked breakfastan overnight staycity centre
Reviewed 5 April 2012

We stayed at Blythswood Square from the 15th to the 18th of January so we could do a bit of shopping, spend time with my sister, and enjoy the spa experience. Our room was lovely and we were really happy with the selection of movies that you can watch for free. My husband struggled to work the safe, but someone came up to help him with it. The breakfast was good.

We had afternoon tea in the hotel after we checked in on the 15th. It was excellent, especially the champagne! The sandwiches, scones and cakes were delicious and the service was excellent. The waitress was very friendly and took some photos of us.

We went to the spa on the 17th and had booked the Couples Spa Treatment. One treatment we did together was the mud chamber, which was good fun. Then I had a facial and he had a hot stone massage, both excellent. The whole spa is really exciting: big jacuzzi, pool, different saunas and steam rooms. We were really enjoying our day until it was time for our spa lunch. We sat for ages in the spa restaurant waiting for service, and could see other unhappy customers waiting for their afternoon tea. It is not that large a restaurant so I don't know how they weren't managing. My husband had received phonecalls in advance asking us for our dietary requirements, likes and dislikes, etc, all provided. But today they didn't seem to have any of that information, as they offered us the spa lunch of the day which had seafood in it! So after more waiting for information, we were told we could choose something different to the value of £15, so I just chose the soup and my husband chose a plain sandwich. We ordered a de-caf cappuccino for me and tea for him. We heard the waitress phone upstairs to place the order, and she did not ask for de-caf. So I reminded her it was a de-caf. She came over and explained that all of their cappuccinos are de-caf as standard, so they just call it a cappuccino! Needless to say, I did not drink the cappuccino that was eventually put in front of me. What a lot of nonsense! A cappuccino by definition is a shot of espresso (caffeinated!) with foamed milk on top. My goodness, if shes right then a lot of people are being cheated out of their caffeine fix! (But I seriously doubt that she is right.)

The soup and sandwiches finally came, and someone came down with a bread basket for me to choose bread from, although I wasn't given spread. The food was fine, although at this point we had been sitting in our robes for ages with damp swimwear underneath, enough time had been wasted and we wanted to get back to the spa. The service in the spa restaurant was shockingly bad - such as shame as the spa facilities are excellent. I hope they can sort this out.

We did enjoy our stay and would stay here again - it is our go-to hotel in Glasgow. But we will not be dining in the spa area again.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 April 2012

Luxurious hotel, comfy beds, quirky bathrooms, great spa and helpful staff.

Points to note. Breakfast was amazing on the morning that we went downstairs but nowhere near as good when ordered to the room (if took over an hour to arrive and was lukewarm). Also, the rooms above the bar are very noisy!

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room away from the bar.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 March 2012

Beautiful rooms, very well appointed with marble bath rooms. Some rooms don't have any real view however.

Nice resteraunt and I particularly like the bar on the first floor which has views of the park.

Spa is gorgeous and a great way to relax.

• Stayed: March 2012
Reviewed 31 March 2012

Recently back from a weekend at Blythswwod Square. It was nice but ...........
Advantages:- Great location near the centre of town, short walk to shops and entertainment on Sauchiehall Street, reception fast, polite and efficient. Service was very good, ice bucket arrived 10 minutes after ordering. Room was unique, lovely tiled bathroom, well laid out but complicated surround sound system. Quality breakfast, with great service again.
Disadvantages:- I booked a classic double, it was small, so small I struggled to find a space for the kettle. They also have 'wee classics' - how small must they be? Our room was next to a stairwell which opened out into a seating area near reception, the noise travelled into the small hours. The bar on the 1st floor can be reached from the staircase next to reception, again the sound travelled to the extent that you had to raise your voices at reception.
In summary, a quality hotel with great service, but poor design issues led to bad nights sleep which, for the money, I would not have expected.

Room Tip: avoid any rooms near the starirwells, ask for a view of the square
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank smoboz
Reviewed 31 March 2012

I stayed at this Beautiful, 5 Star Hotel, a couple of weeks ago with my partner. What can i say? everything about this wonderful place, from the staff to the restaurant and the Spa were totally fantastic, the housekeeping team were by far the most admirable members of staff i have ever come across in any hotel, so caring and friendly, and so professional, no one ever thanks this department, which upsets me, as they do most of the hard work in any hotel, So Thanks Girls and Guys!!! The whole hotel is AMAZING. YOU MUST VISIT!!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends