“Excellent service, spacious room”
Review of Blythswood Square

Blythswood Square
Ranked #13 of 93 Hotels in Glasgow
Norton St Philip, United Kingdom
“Excellent service, spacious room”
Reviewed 28 February 2013

We stayed for just one night. My husband,myself and our 17 year old daughter. Spacious room , king bed and a large sofa bed for my daughter. Handmade chocolates in room, and everything was first class. Superb breakfast and all staff were helpful, friendly and courteous.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank brisbanemad

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (473)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 February 2013

We had an over-night stay with full access to the Thermal Experience for our 11 year anniversary, and it was superb. The staff could not do enough to help, I was talking to our waiter and when he heard it was our anniversary he brought us complimentary deserts and had the kitchen write "Happy Anniversary" with the sauce. The food itself was expensive but worth it, with the steak coming a close second to my favourite grill (also in Glasgow), The Butcher's shop.

The Thermal Experience was unbelievable. We both left feeling completely relaxed. It was so good I am sorely tempted to become a member. But I'm scared if I did I would never get anything else done.

Once we were finished in the Spa the bar had a wonderful range of Gins and mixed drinks and our room was beautiful, although the bed was so large it dwarfed everything else and the shutters between the bathroom and the bedroom made for very little privacy. It was still a very good room, which I would not hesitate to stay in again.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 February 2013

This hotel positions itself at the top of the Glasgow market alongside the likes of One Devonshire with prices to match. Indeed the rooms are lovely with marble bathrooms, deep baths with slide back doors to open to the room and lots of modern touches and features that make this a lovely hotel to stay in. A particularly nice touch is that movies are included in your room rate and the selection is extensive and very up to date (EG Feb 2013 list includes Skyfall and Django among about 12 other titles) My room has surround sound speakers in the ceiling to go with the nice, large Samsung flat screen on the wall. There is a decent mini-bar which is well stocked and tea/coffee facilities hidden away beneath the bar. Contemporary decor with nice warm touches and a very comfy bed all add up to make Blythswood hard to beat locally. After staying here about 6 or 7 times lately I have become frustrated that they have not built on this with truly excellent service. Every room service order I have placed has had something, albeit small, missing or forgotten. The £5 tray charge for everything ordered through roomservice is unnecesary given the cost of the rooms and feels like a rip-off. I havent used the Spa or restaurant so can't comment but the quality of the room service food is good but not great and is often let down by the sloppyness mentioned earlier. Sometimes the front of house staff are just too busy, even when there are no other guests there, to give you full attention. I think overall these are minor points and I would whole heartedly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
London, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 February 2013

In a city where big chain hotels Marriott and Hilton are poorly sited and limited boutiques Blytheswood cleans up - great staff, food (especially steak and seafood) and rooms. Hear great things re spa.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
London
Reviewed 26 February 2013 via mobile

I stayed for one night with my husband. We had a great size room with a large, comfy bed. We just found the hotel seemed like it had been finished in a rush. None of the internal doors in the room shut properly and there was a lack of basic but useful things such as towel hooks. There was a big lampshade over the bed - this didn't bother me bu I didnt particularly like looking up at all the cobwebs in it. There is no doubt tat this is a beautiful hotel and with a little attention to detail it coud be fantastic.

Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 February 2013

Great hotel! Love the spa. Had an excellent meal in the restaurant - I had the lobster and my bf had the steak. Both loved our dishes! Comfy bed, heated flooring in the bathroom was a nice touch and also the film selection on the TV is just great. Will definitely be returning :)

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
Saint Ferme
Reviewed 26 February 2013

only stayed here a few times so I'm no expert but with the experience I have, I can only be positive. Fabulous location, slap bang in the middle of the city (it's nice to see Blythswood Square less densely populated with prostitutes nowadays) , easy parking and so long as you don't eat here, it's not too expensive. The bar on the first floor has a cool, city vibe considering this is Glasgow, not Manhattan and the drinks are well made by efficient staff. Would happily return if I ever felt the need to go back to Glasgow.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple