“Great Place To Stay in The Centre of Glasgow”
Review of Blythswood Square

Blythswood Square
Ranked #14 of 95 Hotels in Glasgow
Greenock, United Kingdom
“Great Place To Stay in The Centre of Glasgow”
Reviewed 13 March 2013

Stayed here for the 2nd time for my 40th Birthday.
My wife had booked a Spa and Afternoon Tea deals on Groupon and the in-laws decided it would be a great Idea to spend the night. They were spot on.
We booked the Basic Double Room which was Superbly spacious but Cosy.
The Room was adjacent to the upstairs bar on level 2 but was very quiet.
We had time to make use of the in room Entertainment system prior to going for Dinner. The choice of Movies was Superb, most of which had been in the Cinema only a few months earlier.
The Staff are also very nice and nothing was too much trouble.
We arrived early as we were booked in to the Spa. As our room wasn't yet ready, they took our bags and had them sent up to our room.
We finished the evening with a couple of Cocktails and I treated myself to a nice Malt from their large selection before heading to bed.
Breakfast was excellent as usual and was a real highlight, with plenty of choice between cereal, fresh fruit, salmon and bagels or full cooked breakfast.
Overall the stay was brilliant and I would definitely book again.

Room Tip: I've stayed on both sides of the building facing on to West Regent Street and West George Street...
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (467)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
scotland
Reviewed 11 March 2013

I had a 1 night stay in early march... I was in Glasgow for a conference.
Staff are excellent, every single one I met smiled, asked how I was and if I was enjoying my stay...brilliant.
Rooms are luxury and probably the most comfortable hotel beds Ive slept in.
Breakfast service was slow in the morning, I had to get up and ask for my order to be taken after 10 mins waitng but it was soon resolved and staff were very apologetic

Room Tip: better views on the 4th floor
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 March 2013

Stayed here a few times since it opened and have never had a complaint. This 5 star, stylish hotel is situated in a great location, the rooms are all very modern and stylish and service is top notch. The hotel also has a nice spa which residents can use at certain times as well as the hotel having a quality bar and restaurant. Will return soon!!

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
Perth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 March 2013

Grand old building right in the heart of Glasgow, opulent interior, best room I have ever stayed in, friendly, helpfull staff, tempting delicious food and cocktails and a must for a girlie weekend or romatic getaway...go on treat yourself, you won't just visit once!!!

Room Tip: Just pick up and phone and ask, toptastic service
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
Glasgow
Reviewed 10 March 2013 via mobile

Second stay at The Blythswood. Really like it here - one of my favourite hotels from all of my travels ... and it's on my doorstep in Glasgow! This time around got the chance to use the spa, which was a nice relaxing way to start the day. Would definitely stay here again and recommend to others. Perfect place for a special occasion or just a wee treat.

• Stayed March 2013
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 March 2013

Checked into the Blythswood yesterday for an afternoon spa treatment and overnight stay. A beautiful building that has been cleverly turned in to a fantastic hotel. We stayed in a wee classic room, the least expensive but still 5 stars. Lovely big bed beautiful wooden floors, marbled bathroom with the most amazing bath.
The spa in the Blythswood has a reputation for being one of the best in Scotland and having been in a few I can safely say it’s the best I have been in. Thermal suite is fantastic and after enjoying a rhassoul treatment we spent the next hour enjoying the thermal pools and rooms. My partner was so relaxed that he practically fell asleep in the bath in our room, as we got ready for dinner.
Before going out for dinner we had a drink in the Salon (up stairs bar) its a lovely bar area with attentive and busy staff, I enjoyed a spicy bloody Mary and my partner had a Gin and tonic both made to perfection. I think it would be a great place to spend an evening drinking cocktails and people watching.
A great sleep was had in the massive bed and as we headed for breakfast the next morning we where not disappointed, Serrano ham, Mull of Kintyre Cheddar fresh squeezed juice and a full Scottish breakfast, possibly the best start to the day you could have! Seamless check in and check out helpful and cheery staff. It is indeed a 5 star hotel and I am very much looking forward to the next time I visit.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
Carluke
Reviewed 9 March 2013

I have just been back for a second time and cannot speak highly enough of the hotel and the staff. When we arrived Tom was there to help us (4 of us) with our luggage and was so pleasant and helpful, We had booked two rooms and were able to check in early to one of the rooms and again Tom was there to show us to our room and patiently explain all the bits and bobs we needed to know to enjoy our rooms to the fullest.

Our experience of the spa was just heavenly and so relaxing. Just what you would expect and then some. Left there feeling totally chilled out.

We opted to have afternoon tea and again this was fabulous. Beautifully presented.

Breakfast was excellent and we were spoiled for choice. Lovely surroundings and totally delicious.

The whole experience was enhanced for us by the friendliness and efficiency of ALL
the staff. Nothing was too much trouble. Everywhere we went we were treated courteously and were made to feel that we mattered. Can't wait to go back!

Room Tip: As for a room with no road noise
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends