“Luxurious”

Ranked #14 of 95 Hotels in Glasgow
New York City, New York
“Luxurious”
Reviewed 8 July 2013

Loved everything about this hotel, the lobby, the salon, our room, the food, the bar and the staff. We booked a car in advance through the hotel and the driver was waiting for us upon arrival of our flight. We had afternoon tea in the salon and it was wonderful. Breakfast was included in our rate and was delicious. The staff was wonderful, too but 3 people in particular were so helpful and friendly. David, the concierge, recommended some great restaurants and helped us with directions to different sights. Andrew, another concierge, also helped us with great places to eat and Aska, the bartender was great company and made great drinks. Thank you.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (468)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Reviewed 7 July 2013 via mobile

I recently stayed at Blythswood Square with a friend. Having been able to spend little time together over the past few years we decided to treat ourselves to a girls night and spa day. We were very excited on our arrival at the hotel.
On exiting our taxi we carried our cases and bags up the stairs into the hotel. The greeting from the woman at reception could not be faulted and we were quickly checkerd in and on our way to our room, again carrying our bags. I am not accustomed to staying in expensive hotels but from what I saw on the website and the hotels reputation I had hoped for at least the offer of assistance.
The room we were in was nicely furnished but a little disappointing. The twin beds appeared oddly positioned around what appeared to be a double headboard. At this point we were feeling a little down. Exploring the room we did appreciate the amazing, spacious bathroom with its generous allocation of towels and toiletries. Also adding to the luxury feel were the bathrobes, real hangers ( silly, but I hate those usual hotel hangers) and throws on the bed.
Breakfast the next day was lovely. The continental breakfast seemed to have a good selection and our cooked breakfast was served quickly. The staff were very friendly. The only hiccup was my friend was brought coffee instead of tea, but they were quick to offer to change it.
After breakfast we returned to the room to collect our things and check out before going down to the spa. When we went down to breakfast we saw a room service tray outside a room directly opposite the lift, and were surprised to see this was still there around 45 minutes later.
The spa was as beautiful as it appeared in the photographs and the staff were very attentive, it met all our expectations and more. We were shown our assigned lockers and given a quick tour of the spa before changing and being shown into our first treatment room - we opted for the rhassoul, which was very nice. After this we enjoyed the various steam rooms and pools before going for our facials. The therapist, Louise, made me feel at ease immediately and the facial itself felt great, extremely relaxing. The whole experience in the spa was very relaxing. There were plenty of towels available and shower gel and shampoo provided in the showers. I cannot fault anything in our experience in the spa. We left the hotel feeling happy, relaxed and happy with our choice to stay- even passing a guest arriving having their bags carried in did not affect that feeling.

If you don't expect too much of the hotel maybe you'll be happier on arrival than I was. If I was looking for a room only I would not stay again, but I may choose to repeat the spa experience. I cannot praise the spa area enough, and if I could rate that separately it would get 5 stars.

Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Leanne I
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 6 July 2013 via mobile

We loved this hotel. It's in a renovated old mansion that was once home to the Scottish Royal Automobile club. Location is perfect and everything is walkable, that's if it's not raining! The rooms are comfy and clean. Food was very good. Service was excellent. We will stay here again.

Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
mcflyno1
Reviewed 5 July 2013

We were given a voucher for the square as a wedding present and decided to upgrade so that we could have use of the spa, a meal, overnight stay and breakfast. From the moment we checked in till checking out, the Blytheswood did not disappoint. I can honestly say that this is the most luxurious place I have ever stayed.
The room was huge and had everything you could ever want. King size bed, couch facing the TV, fridge with many a delight in the mini bar, and the bathroom was also huge with separate shower and a walk in bath.
We used the spa and again the experience was incredible. The pools, Jacuzzi, sauna steam room were all exceptional. The staff were welcoming and very friendly; and nothing was ever too much trouble.
Dinner was also great with service you can only expect form a 5* restaurant. Ours was a set menu but the food was still great. The choice at breakfast was unbelievable with everything you could ever with for.
We had a night in the upstairs cocktail bar and again the place outdid itself. My wife and I aren’t familiar with cocktails and the like but the staff were extremely knowledgeable, guiding us through the menu selecting drinks that we would and wouldn’t like. This is obviously a sign of exceptional training.
As this was a one off for us it is hard to put a price on its value. However the whole experience was great. When I asked what time breakfast was on till, the receptionist said 10am however if we were late not to worry about it. He also said that if we were late to check out that wouldn’t be a problem either. This gave us the confidence to relax and chill out and is something you wouldn’t get from the chain hotels.
All in a great experience and something I would love to do again.

Room Tip: When booking ask for a streetview room.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank mcflyno1
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 July 2013

Had two nights stay last week. Have stayed twice before in rooms in the old part. This time had two rooms in the new part. What a difference!! Our room was overlooking the court-yard. Very dark and dingy even when bright sunlight outside!! Also small and pokey. Complete contrast to the older rooms, what a shame. Meal in restaurent was very good, but had to wait far too long in the bar for service- in fact had to go to the bar to place our order and then wait and wait.....

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 July 2013

My husband, a friend and I had lunch at Blythswood Square today courtesy of Itison vouchers. This was our first visit and we will definitely be back. We had a lovely lunch, very attentive service from a lovely young lady. The food was beautifully presented, the portions weren't huge but just right for a lunch time meal. We had vouchers for a 2-course meal, but ordered a third course for my husband and then had 3 coffees. When I asked for the bill (for the extra pudding and the three coffees) were told that there was no charge as I had submitted 2 vouchers which were for 4 people but there were only 3 of us. I did wonder if any mention would be made of this during our visit so it was very pleasing for notice to be taken of that without any mention from me. Such was our enjoyment of the food, service and ambience, we would have been happy to pay more. Thanks to the staff.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends