Stayed 2 nights Thu-Sat with my husband to celebrate our wedding anniversary. Heard a lot of hype on what a fantastic place it was, only to find it disappointing.
The hotel was not clearly visible from the road (tip for future guests-look for the tacky red lights in all windows) and having booked valet service for our vehicle, found that the hotel do not have their own parking lot but use a multi-storey car park in central glasgow.
Spa was nice, we both had deep tissue massage, 55mins. The massuese gave us a mini pedicure and asked what areas to concentrate on, back and neck for us both, however rather than have a full body massage with extra time focused on these areas we only got a long back massage....perhaps mis-communication but this was a little disappointing for us.
Dinner afterwards, well, my husband commented was comparable to a Wetherspoons pub, but with worse service. They got his starter wrong, gave him rubbery rump steak rather than sirloin and the next day when we ordered 2 sandwiches on room service it took over an hour to get them. Someone else had taken them! They did not charge us for the steak course or the sandwiches but this is terrible service for a reputedly 5 start hotel.
**Fri night we went to French restaurant Brian Maule round the corner from the Hotel, similar food prices but 100X better than the Hotel restaurant, don't eat at the Hotel, go here instead!**
The hotel billing information on the in-room tv did not work, on checking out the bill was very confusing and did not itemise everything. We felt rushed and as a result were overcharged 40 to 75GBP. I mentioned this to the receptionist who was rather snooty and confused me even farther so on checking at home I called the hotel to explain I was overcharged. In the end they called and apologised and did refund this back to us (somone had used wrong room number and was added to our bill) but this could have been avoided by a clearer billing process showing every item.
+staff in the salon were excellent, made us a special cocktail and martinis
-unclear billing (get the in room billing to work, would help!)
-room service also rubbish
-reception staff could be more customer focused
We would not stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Blythswood Square is more than a hotel and is an exciting addition to Glasgow's city centre. Not only does it have 100 stunning guest rooms but it also houses an amazing spa, restaurant, salon bar and private event areas, a true 5 star proposition. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Expedia, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Travel Republic (UK), Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., getaroom.com, HRS, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Blythswood Square reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Blythswood Square Hotel Glasgow
- Blythswood Square Glasgow, Scotland