“Impressive. ”
Review of Blythswood Square

Blythswood Square
Ranked #11 of 93 Hotels in Glasgow
Reviewed 19 November 2013 via mobile

I visit Glasgow regularly for business and pleasure and have used many of its hotels. This is the second time I have stayed here and it is the best of the city centre lodgings. It has the most pleasant location and is very handy for some of Glasgow's better eateries. It is a lovely building. The staff are top class. The breakfast I had was very good indeed. The only downside that other reviewers noted is the fact that some of the rooms have a disappointing view but that is a small price to pay for staying at the hotel that currently sets the standard for downtown Glasgow. Highly recommended.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Write a ReviewReviews (2,795)

Reviewed 18 November 2013

We booked a stay to celebrate our anniversary. Managing to have a night away from our little toddler is quite the treat and our stay at Blythswood Square made it fantastic. The staff were incredibly friendly and easy to approach, the room had a fantastically comfortable bed, and the spa was relaxing. All in all we felt well looked after and would certainly return again. Probably the best hotel we have stayed at so far.

Room Tip: We were on the ground floor in 102 - nice and quiet with a view of the square and no fuss having to...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 November 2013

Stayed here on my first visit to Glasgow. Hotel is well located on a hill near the center of the city. Staff was very pleasant and made us feel welcome - from the bellman to the receptionist to the concierge. They addressed my needs quickly and capably from securing a car transfer to getting me acclimated to my room.

My room was on the lower level was very clean and comfortable and well appointed, but it was really dark and had no view. It did feel a bit like I was in a cave but this was adequate for business travel.

Overall a fine stay.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on a high floor
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank W T
Reviewed 18 November 2013 via mobile

Nice quick check in!very nice welcoming to the hotel!Lovely clean room!Only one small thing that I did not like was you could hear the generator from outside the room.Good location for shopping.The spa was really nice aswell.Would I stay here again.Yes I would for sure!I would recommend this hotel!Enjoy:)

• Stayed: November 2013
Reviewed 17 November 2013

Room was lovely, nice bathroom & comfy bed. Spa is gorgeous, have visited a few times and always leave relaxed & refreshed. Restaurant really let the place down...we dined on Friday night - service pretty bad and food tasteless/dried out/no finesse which you would expect from a 5* establishment. £32 bottle of pinot noir was served too warm (even for fussy me who sends wine back for being too cold!!) it really ruined the taste. Breakfast spread was lovely....again the food ordered from the kitchen let it down! Would choose other hotels in the area over this and we regularly stay overnight in nice Glasgow boutique hotels. Disappointed overall.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank elektrogirl
Reviewed 15 November 2013

I recently stayed in this hotel for 2 nights. Due to the high cost of booking this hotel i would have expected better accommodation and service. On the first night we had to move room due to being located near the elevator which made a terrible noise and we didn't want disturbed when guests returned to their rooms. The rooms were pretty but there was some fraying around the edges and the bathroom you could see was only wiped over and not cleaned properly. The breakfast had a god selection however the tomatoes were tasteless and the food lukewarm..............would recommend spending more on good produce.
Overall stay was ok but due to cost i wouldnt return as think there are better hotels elsewhere in Glasgow.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
4  Thank Debbie M
Reviewed 14 November 2013

I somehow managed to double book my room at the hotel and was charged for both rooms. I was told that they would try to re-sell the room and if so I wouldn't be charged but I wasn't willing to take that risk and lose £150.

The beds were comfy but the rooms were very dark.

I had booked a make up artist as it was my Hen night and we waited over half an hour for reception to bring up a chair, we got free cocktails by way of an apology.

Morning breakfast was luke-warm and over seasoned.

I would recommend the other boutique Glasgow hotel over this one. This hotel seemed to be more concerned with making money than looking after their guests.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the lift.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends