“Hotel of choice when in glasgow”
Review of Blythswood Square

Blythswood Square
Ranked #12 of 93 Hotels in Glasgow
Reviewed 13 February 2014

Look no further.... I love this hotel.

I stay often for business, and will continue to do so. The rooms are beautiful, and the cocktail bar, restaurant and spa just make it a perfect package.

I have had the spa treatments and found it to be great value.

Service very good too. Always very friendly and welcoming.

A room upgrade once and a while would be nice...

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
There are newer reviews for Blythswood Square

Reviewed 12 February 2014

Myself and my boyfriend stayed here two nights ago as an early Valentines day treat. The money we paid we weren't bothered about due to it being 5 star however I was left disappointed. We had no bath robes in our rooms as website states and it wasn't until we went to the spa that we noticed others had them so we phoned reception who said they were available on request, I am not psychic so had no idea about this. Also there was no information from staff on how to use the spa or go about it. The main issue for me is that when I booked and paid I paid for a full Scottish breakfast but unfortunately was told I was only entitled to the continental buffet. It's now that I have looked at my booking voucher that it clearly states that I should have got the Scottish breakfast. It is a real shame that this ruined my experience here as it is such a beautiful hotel in a great location.

• Stayed: February 2014
Reviewed 11 February 2014

My partner and I have stayed more than 10 times in the last three years, however, in the last few visits I have noticed some minor issues that could be easily resolved.

Firstly, the white walls in the rooms in the last 4 rooms I have stayed in have all had several dirty marks on them. While not a major issue, it does detract somewhat from the 5* experience.

Similar to this, in the spa area below the window next to the pool there is a large area of green flaking paint (on a white wall) again this can spoil an afternoon luxuriating in the jacuzzi pool.

I feel that these issues could be easily sorted, however, instead of being rectified now the problems seem to be growing.

Hope these minor problems can be solved as we do love the hotel and will return.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 February 2014

Went for an overnight stay with use of the spa, dinner and breakfast. A lovely hotel with staff that make you feel right at home. The meals were both excellent and the cocktail bar had a lovely atmosphere. Rooms were very comfortable and modern. Would recommend a stay here

• Stayed: January 2014
Reviewed 4 February 2014

I cant not wait to return to this hotel for the night, its just amazing. The hotel is lovely and the staff are great, rooms are even more wonderful. The best part of our stay would have to be the spa facilities, amazing we spent 2 hours in it! Defo a must visit.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Angela R
Reviewed 3 February 2014

Went in with a few friends for after dinner drinks. We ordered two rounds and both were wrong. Staff didn't use a notepad when taking our order, four drinks, which is a pet hate of mine - particularly when the order comes back wrong. The drinks order wasn't difficult... The bill was also wrong when it arrived. To be fair it was corrected quickly when a manager came over to help but just a bit of a frustrating visit when we were just looking for a relaxing drink...

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 February 2014

Visited at end of January. Staff wonderful, helpful and above all cheerful. Rooms bigger than average and well appointed. Loved the sliding window between the bathroom and bedroom. Spa fabulous, and treatments very luxurious. Can thoroughly recommend the cocktails!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Travellers also viewed these Glasgow hotels
Dakota Deluxe Glasgow
Radisson Blu Hotel, Glasgow
citizenM Glasgow
citizenM Glasgow
#10 of 93 in Glasgow

Been to Blythswood Square? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Blythswood Square

Address: 11 Blythswood Square, Glasgow G2 4AD, Scotland
Region: United Kingdom > Scotland > Glasgow > City Centre
Business Centre with Internet Access Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Room Service Spa Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
#1 Spa Hotel in Glasgow
#5 Romantic Hotel in Glasgow
#5 Luxury Hotel in Glasgow
#6 Business Hotel in Glasgow
#8 Family Hotel in Glasgow
Price Range: £124 - £301 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:5 star — Blythswood Square 5*
Blythswood Square is more than a hotel and is an exciting addition to Glasgow's city centre. Not only does it have 100 stunning guest rooms but it also houses an amazing spa, restaurant, salon bar and private event areas, a true 5 star proposition. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, LateRooms, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Blythswood Square reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Blythswood Square Hotel Glasgow