“impressed”

Ranked #13 of 93 Hotels in Glasgow
Broxburn, United Kingdom
“impressed”
Reviewed 15 February 2014

I stayed in this hotel after it was recommended by a friend. They have a nice bar i mean a really nice bar the service is great the spa is out of this world the quality and cleanliness is 2nd to none.

If you want service and luxury in Glasgow no other place to go

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (472)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
sussex
Reviewed 13 February 2014

Look no further.... I love this hotel.

I stay often for business, and will continue to do so. The rooms are beautiful, and the cocktail bar, restaurant and spa just make it a perfect package.

I have had the spa treatments and found it to be great value.

Service very good too. Always very friendly and welcoming.

A room upgrade once and a while would be nice...

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 February 2014

Myself and my boyfriend stayed here two nights ago as an early Valentines day treat. The money we paid we weren't bothered about due to it being 5 star however I was left disappointed. We had no bath robes in our rooms as website states and it wasn't until we went to the spa that we noticed others had them so we phoned reception who said they were available on request, I am not psychic so had no idea about this. Also there was no information from staff on how to use the spa or go about it. The main issue for me is that when I booked and paid I paid for a full Scottish breakfast but unfortunately was told I was only entitled to the continental buffet. It's now that I have looked at my booking voucher that it clearly states that I should have got the Scottish breakfast. It is a real shame that this ruined my experience here as it is such a beautiful hotel in a great location.

• Stayed February 2014
Reviewed 11 February 2014

My partner and I have stayed more than 10 times in the last three years, however, in the last few visits I have noticed some minor issues that could be easily resolved.

Firstly, the white walls in the rooms in the last 4 rooms I have stayed in have all had several dirty marks on them. While not a major issue, it does detract somewhat from the 5* experience.

Similar to this, in the spa area below the window next to the pool there is a large area of green flaking paint (on a white wall) again this can spoil an afternoon luxuriating in the jacuzzi pool.

I feel that these issues could be easily sorted, however, instead of being rectified now the problems seem to be growing.

Hope these minor problems can be solved as we do love the hotel and will return.

Edinburgh
Reviewed 8 February 2014

Went for an overnight stay with use of the spa, dinner and breakfast. A lovely hotel with staff that make you feel right at home. The meals were both excellent and the cocktail bar had a lovely atmosphere. Rooms were very comfortable and modern. Would recommend a stay here

• Stayed January 2014
Alloa, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 February 2014

I cant not wait to return to this hotel for the night, its just amazing. The hotel is lovely and the staff are great, rooms are even more wonderful. The best part of our stay would have to be the spa facilities, amazing we spent 2 hours in it! Defo a must visit.

1 Thank Angela R
Reviewed 3 February 2014

Went in with a few friends for after dinner drinks. We ordered two rounds and both were wrong. Staff didn't use a notepad when taking our order, four drinks, which is a pet hate of mine - particularly when the order comes back wrong. The drinks order wasn't difficult... The bill was also wrong when it arrived. To be fair it was corrected quickly when a manager came over to help but just a bit of a frustrating visit when we were just looking for a relaxing drink...

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends