“Highly recommended”

Ranked #14 of 95 Hotels in Glasgow
Chicago, Illinois, United States
“Highly recommended”
Reviewed 15 February 2014

We just left Blythswood Square this morning. Highly recommend the hotel. The room was comfortable and clean and for a good value. The bathroom was spacious and super nice, great bathtub! The water pressure was a nice bonus as well - our other Scotland hotels had poor water pressure and temperature.

The location is perfect. Close to dining and shopping but not literally in the middle of it.

Also, the spa is incredible. You would be happy if you checked in and spent most of your time in the spa!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a window facing outside. Our window faced the interior and had no light. Pictu...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (464)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Royal Tunbridge Wells, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 February 2014

Just spent 2 nights with my sister and Mother celebrating my sister's special birthday. Lovely rooms, great food, fabulous spa and especially lovely staff who were very attentive, friendly and made our stay a treat. Suzanne from the cocktail bar and her colleagues were very professional. We will definitely be back, thank you.

Our room needed hooks in the bathroom to enable us to hang up wet towels, very small point, but thought you would like to know.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 February 2014

My wife surprised me by booking a night at the hotel for my birthday at the beginning of February. When we checked in the staff were very helpful and service was efficient. Our standard room was big and the bathroom was lovely. The only minor points were that there was no heated towel rail in the bathroom and no music docking station to connect my I-pod to play tunes. These are minor details but for a 5 star hotel I would have expected all amenities.

Hotel guests can use the spa facilities for nothing between 6-9pm and 7-10am. The spa is fantastic. There are so many different rooms to relax in, a massive Jacuzzi and a very nice pool. This was definitely the highlight of the stay and I would recommend making full use of the spa if you stay here as it is very relaxing.

Breakfast was also fantastic. This was included in our room rate and we could order from the breakfast menu and eat from the buffet. The Buffet had an amazing variety of fruit, cereal, bread and even free alcohol to make bloody Mary's!! The scrambled eggs that I ordered were possibly the nicest I have ever had and was a great end to a very nice hotel stay.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Broxburn, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 February 2014

I stayed in this hotel after it was recommended by a friend. They have a nice bar i mean a really nice bar the service is great the spa is out of this world the quality and cleanliness is 2nd to none.

If you want service and luxury in Glasgow no other place to go

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
sussex
Reviewed 13 February 2014

Look no further.... I love this hotel.

I stay often for business, and will continue to do so. The rooms are beautiful, and the cocktail bar, restaurant and spa just make it a perfect package.

I have had the spa treatments and found it to be great value.

Service very good too. Always very friendly and welcoming.

A room upgrade once and a while would be nice...

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 February 2014

Myself and my boyfriend stayed here two nights ago as an early Valentines day treat. The money we paid we weren't bothered about due to it being 5 star however I was left disappointed. We had no bath robes in our rooms as website states and it wasn't until we went to the spa that we noticed others had them so we phoned reception who said they were available on request, I am not psychic so had no idea about this. Also there was no information from staff on how to use the spa or go about it. The main issue for me is that when I booked and paid I paid for a full Scottish breakfast but unfortunately was told I was only entitled to the continental buffet. It's now that I have looked at my booking voucher that it clearly states that I should have got the Scottish breakfast. It is a real shame that this ruined my experience here as it is such a beautiful hotel in a great location.

• Stayed February 2014
Reviewed 11 February 2014

My partner and I have stayed more than 10 times in the last three years, however, in the last few visits I have noticed some minor issues that could be easily resolved.

Firstly, the white walls in the rooms in the last 4 rooms I have stayed in have all had several dirty marks on them. While not a major issue, it does detract somewhat from the 5* experience.

Similar to this, in the spa area below the window next to the pool there is a large area of green flaking paint (on a white wall) again this can spoil an afternoon luxuriating in the jacuzzi pool.

I feel that these issues could be easily sorted, however, instead of being rectified now the problems seem to be growing.

Hope these minor problems can be solved as we do love the hotel and will return.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple