This is a beautiful and stylish luxury hotel, in a prime location and with excellent facilities.
I was able to park on the square immediately outside the front door at reasonable rates. Valet parking is also available for a consideration. Check-in was effortless and charming. Bedroom had a real wow factor. Big comfy bed with a choice of pillows, comfy sofa and table. Writing desk. Lots of storage space. Decor very tasteful, decent lighting. Bathroom, spacious all black marble and big mirrors. A sunken bath tub, with a sliding partition if you want to bath by daylight, and quality shower attachment. There is also a walk in shower as an alternative. I had a great night's sleep, although one colleague closer to the lift was less fortunate. The Spa is very impressive, with a large thermal suite offering a range of hot and warm rooms and pools withe various amusing ways of applying running water or bubbles. Sadly the bar and restaurant let the place down. They do excellent cocktails with an encyclopaedic list. Similarly both the market (table d'hôte) and a la carte menus have a range of tasty options but the service is all over the place. Our group had to wait ages for drinks although they were far from busy. At dinner we were not offered bread and had to ask for it. Tap water in Glasgow is good. We had to ask 4 times for a carafe before it turned up. Similarly for getting a second bottle of wine. Seemed a bit inattentive really. Food was pretty good although I thought the scallops (which were actually queens) a bit on the mean side, and the tuna steak a bit under seasoned. Breakfast, colleagues had trouble getting toast, and the kipper which was supposedly grilled looked as if it had been boiled in a bag. Coffee was not great tasting or very hot or in sufficient quantity. The smoked salmon and scrambled egg, and the eggs florentine and benedict looked generous and good.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Blythswood Square is more than a hotel and is an exciting addition to Glasgow's city centre. Not only does it have 100 stunning guest rooms but it also houses an amazing spa, restaurant, salon bar and private event areas, a true 5 star proposition. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Expedia, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, Odigeo, Travel Republic (UK), 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, HRS and Cancelon so you can book your Blythswood Square reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Blythswood Square Hotel Glasgow
- Blythswood Square Glasgow, Scotland