Blythswood Square
US$181
US$159
Priceline
2,870 results
All reviewsthermal experiencemarble bathroomharris tweedmarket menucocktail barspa facilitiesbeautiful hoteldeluxe roomfive star hotelhotel guestsbirthday treatfull scottish breakfastporridgefollowing morningcooked breakfastan overnight staycity centre
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 20 June 2014

I stayed in the Bythswood whilst on business in Glasgow for 3 nights. On arrival we were made to feel very welcome and were given a history of the hotel by the Concierge. The room was lovely, I have never slept in such a comfortable bed, the room was clean. spacious and well equipped. My only observations was that my room had a strange "serving hatch" type opening between bathroom and bedroom. Was able to close it but would have preferred not to have it !

THe location of the hotel is excellent, within a short walk of good restaurants and shops etc.
Staff were a delight. Helpful, friendly and attentive. Despite being busy the bar staff remembered drinks orders from the night before and made us feel valued. Spa is well worth a visit.

I will certainly be going back to the Blythswood to explore Glasgow further and would have no hesitation at all in recommending it to others.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Whitchick71
Reviewed 19 June 2014

I stayed in a deluxe room that overlooked the park. This hotel has an interesting blend of old and new. For example, the room interior is marble and frosted glass and with very modern décor, yet the floor in the hallway creeks and the main staircase has real old world charm. Check in was efficient and the hotel has a great location, just several blocks from the main pedestrian shopping area, but a long walk from the Cathedral.

The amenities are many, including shampoo, conditioner, body lotion, body gel, shower cap (no cotton swabs), slippers, robe, iron and ironing board, and hair dryer. There are NO convenient wall sockets in the room. The bathroom is a nice design, but I could not figure out how to get cold water from any of the 3 taps. The sink had coolish water, but the bath was really hot, and the shower was like sticking my hand into a boiling tea pot. It was ridiculous! The air conditioning in my room was 'working', but the room was very very hot. The AC could not keep up with the heat already in the room from the west facing windows. The concierge eventually had to bring a floor fan up to my room so I could sleep. I requested tea and towels and I had to call twice to receive these items.

I used the spa and it is a good experience. It seems like a large facility and my staff member was very nice.

The hotel itself is a maze and I could not find my way around easily. The breakfast is delicious with many choices and good service. The concierge is terrific and will go to great lengths to make you feel welcome.

Overall, this hotel wants to be great, but just isn't quite there yet. This is an old building, and I can only imagine the headaches they have maintaining it.

Room Tip: A room facing the park will be hot.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 19 June 2014

I stayed at the Blythswood Hotel for an overnight on the 17th June.
I have visited the hotel for a spa day previously but had never stayed before. Wow.

The room we had was fantastic, modern, spacious and so luxurious. We could not have asked for more.
The staff were helpful and friendly and we even had our bags taken to our room while we sipped some champagne outside in the sunshine.

The spa is outstanding and I would encourage anyone staying at the hotel to use it! Even just walking to the spa reception has you feeling relaxed.

Breakfast was great too, what a selection and the cooked breakfast was delicious.

There is literally nothing bad I can say about this place, wish I had stayed longer and I will definitely be back.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Colette O
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Despite the desire of some Scots to self destruct this English man continues to enjoy everyvisitto Glasgow, usually out at Clydebank in the very functional & efficient Beardmore but most recently at Blythswood Square. Room view so so but fully compensated for by the exotic spa reminiscent of hedonistic Roman baths. Any hotel which offers a bottle of chilled vodka & all the other makings of a hangover cure has to be applauded, even if you don't take advantage of breakfast alcohol!

Stayed: April 2014
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Great hotel, fab bedrooms, lovely cocktails and a great breakfast. The staff couldnt do enough for us and were really friendly. I would definitely return there for another mini-break, just need to save up.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends