“Luxury!!”
Review of Blythswood Square

Blythswood Square
Ranked #11 of 93 Hotels in Glasgow
Reviewed 1 September 2014 via mobile

Four of ladies were here for my daughter's 21st, booked 2 Deluxe Rooms for overnite stay with breakfast and a treatment each with use use of the spa. Wow wow, fantastic , so relaxing , bath robes and slippers and a bottle of water were complimentary , what more could we ask for!! The Spa was fab with a great choice of water jets in the pool, steam rooms, sauna and more. The deluxe rooms were spacious with very comfortable beds, a mini fridge but we had to resist the goodies. Had dinner out but did have a look at menu that's mouthwatering which we will try anthr time. Breakfast is 10 out of 10.. Full English was fab as well as breads, juices, fruit, meat and more from buffet table. Even had anthr hour in the Spa .
Worth every penny and will definitely be back for my 50th next year. Staff were helpful too .

• Stayed: March 2014
Write a ReviewReviews (2,794)

Reviewed 1 September 2014

We had booked in for 5 days as my daughter was getting married ( we all live in London) and had lots of guests staying there also. My daughter and her ( future ) husband stayed in the honeymoon suite.

What an amazing and special experience we all had - the staff couldn't have done any more to ensure that we had a very special stay and went overboards to do everything possible to help us - just fabulous!!

Room Tip: all rooms were fabulous - you couldn't go wrong to be honest!
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 August 2014

Everything about this hotel is perfect. The location, the size and comfort of the rooms, the staff, the amazing spa, and the cocktail lounge: all amazing. I definitely will return to this hotel for my future trips to Glasgow and highly recommend it to anyone who is in town for work or vacation. Definitely do not miss out on the spa. It's a perfect way to get over jet lag, and the cocktail parlor is a must!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 August 2014

We stayed here as part of our honeymoon in August 2014 and thought it was a great place.

The room was lovely with a stunning bathroom and the most comfortable bed I'd ever slept in. My wife is allergic to feather and they changed the bed sheets with no hassle in a matter of minutes. The view from the room was slightly disappointing, as it just looked into the centre courtyard of the hotel facing all the other rooms and as a result, it was slightly dark. However, this is only a minor criticism.

The communal areas of the hotel are gorgeous - nicely decorated with wonderful high ceilings. The location is also a plus point with all the main areas of the city walkable.

The spa was a real highlight for us and guests get complimentary use for a couple of hours in the morning and a couple of hours in the evening, which is incredible.

Breakfast was one of the best I had in Scotland - I had Eggs Royale one morning and a full Scottish the next - both were to die for and there's a great continental buffet as well!

Parking is a real issue unfortunately - we ended up leaving it in the Q Park on Waterloo street which is about £15 for 24 hours, but that's the only real downside.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank John W
Reviewed 29 August 2014

My husband and I had a city break in Glasgow and really enjoyed staying here. The location is good, the staff very professional and friendly, and the hotel is stylish but not too corporate. The bar staff were particularly cheery and attentive, and I had a great spa experience which came at an unexpected discount. The room was pretty luxurious. Breakfast is all you could want it to be. Full marks.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sushi-fan10
Reviewed 28 August 2014

My wife and I stayed here due to us attending our friend’s wedding which was being held in the hotel. From start to finish our experience with the hotel and the staff was superb, the 'Wee Classic Room' we stayed in was well presented, very clean and well finished with its marble bathroom.
We arrived a bit early before our check in time however the staff did a quick check and directed us to a room they had available. I couldn't really fault any of the staff I dealt with through our stay here and our overall wedding experience was faultless. We’ll definitely be staying here again.

Room Tip: The Wee Classic Room is great value for money
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 August 2014

How this hotel gained 5* status is beyond me. Firstly the outdated air conditioning is i suspect the one inherited from the RAC club..rooms were unbearably hot and stuffy with windows that wouldnt open, even as a guest of the hotel children cant use the somewhat bizarre and disfunctional spa.
The food was unbelievably bad, we were 15 mins late for breakfast and were told we could have bacon or sausage sandwiches which would be charged at a supplement and were cold. lunch was totally abysmal with stale bread on the totally overpriced and inedible sandwiches, rib eye steak was nothing short of disgraceful, overcooked, cold and when sent back to be heated, was returned on the same plate cremated.
I wouldn't stay or eat in this hotel if i was paid, by far the worst experience i've had in this grade of hotel.

Room Tip: Dont stay here, when we asked to be moved from a room that had a lovely view of next doors brick wal...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family