The Blythswood Square does NOT deserve it's five star rating. The management clearly bought the fifth star. We have just returned from a 3 day trip to Glasgow and every day had to deal with a new problem. Yes the place is beautiful, yes the rooms are stunning, and the bathrooms are to die for, but on closer inspection, the fixtures and fittings are really cheap - door knobs breaking, walls scuffed, carpets wearing away, this place is not even a year old! We had breakfast trays left outside our room door from 10am to 7pm. We waited 30 minutes for a cocktail in an empty bar. I was met with discontent when I ordered a single scone and cup of tea from the first floor bar, I was told I had to buy the £9.50 afternoon tea, as they couldn't serve me a single scone!
The pre authorisation payment is ludicrous. You basically pay the full amount of your stay as soon as you walk through the front door. For someone who does not use credit cards this makes accessing your own money VERY difficult. Especially since we were over charged by £200. After you leave, the hotel need to fax your bank to tell them to release the funds. It's a very difficult and long process, it could take up to five working days for your money to be released!
We've come back very very frustrated. Yes we had a nice time, but I think that has more to do with the people we were visiting than the place we stayed. Yes it has the WOW factor as you walk in, but after 3 days you really notice all the major flaws.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Blythswood Square is more than a hotel and is an exciting addition to Glasgow's city centre. Not only does it have 100 stunning guest rooms but it also houses an amazing spa, restaurant, salon bar and private event areas, a true 5 star proposition. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, getaroom.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Blythswood Square reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Blythswood Square Hotel Glasgow
- Blythswood Square Glasgow, Scotland