This is a relatively new hotel in Glasgow and not quite finished. Sadly the spa and pool is one of the areas not yet finished. However the lovely building and beautiful rooms hide some flaws. Some are teething troubles to do with the building - for instance the rooms are supposed to have some sort of high end audio system. There are limited instructions as to how this works and the hotel employee who was sent to explain it could not get it to work.
However the major letdown is the kitchen and food. A toasted tuna melt delivered to my room was cold and the cheese was not melted. This cost £13 including the £5 tray charge. If breakfast was not included you would have been charged £16.50 for it and could justifiably have expected more than precooked scrambled eggs floating in water and a request for 'crispy' bacon being completely ignored, and being presented with some pallid slices of cheap Danish covered in white goo. I gave up on this and chise a bagel, which was very stale.
But the rooms were lovely, large baths, comfy beds, choice of pillows, large TV (with limited channels, not even the full freeview options) and also a great barman who made wonderful cocktails.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Blythswood Square is more than a hotel and is an exciting addition to Glasgow's city centre. Not only does it have 100 stunning guest rooms but it also houses an amazing spa, restaurant, salon bar and private event areas, a true 5 star proposition. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, getaroom.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Blythswood Square reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Blythswood Square Hotel Glasgow
- Blythswood Square Glasgow, Scotland