“beautiful”

Ranked #14 of 95 Hotels in Glasgow
shotts
“beautiful”
Reviewed 4 August 2010

gorgeous hotel. The bathroom was breath taking, top to bottom in marble.

Loved every aspect of the place except for the noise from the boy racers outside at night but the quality of everything else made up for this.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank littl6d6vil

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (464)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
London
Reviewed 4 August 2010

Second time I've visited Blythswood Square, stayed in one of the classic suites (rm 325 - highly recommended!) fabulous bed, masses of space, amazing bathroom (though you need to plan ahead for a bath - like filling a small swimming pool!) and very, very quiet - perfect. The staff at Blythswood Square are fantastic, cocktails in the bars are recommended. We didn't take dinner in the hotel, I imagine if the food in the evening is anything like as good as breakfast that it would be very enjoyable - but you're spoilt for choice for great places to eat in Glasgow!

1 Thank sean_1912
Reviewed 1 August 2010

Absolutely gorgeous hotel, fantastic room, friendly service and a relaxed environment... Located well for shopping, bars and restaurants but no noise at all! I'm not sure what other reviewers are complaining about... Food was great, cocktails were even better! Couldn't complain about anything... I would recommend the hotel to anyone and I'll definitely be back!

• Stayed July 2010
1 Thank Ella_P1983
Paris, France
Reviewed 31 July 2010

I usually stay at one devonshire gardens but for curiousty decided to try another 5 star luxury hotel.
Stayed on a friday night, no door man at the front of the hotel to help with luggage. Took along time to check in as their was a few people standing in the queue.
The room was great with lovely views. Lovely bathroom.
Order room service which took an hour for a sandwich??? Phoned to complained but was tlod that the hotel is busy
Could not get a sleep because of the road noise from pubs and night clubs.....
If you want to get a good night sleep dont botthered comming to blythswood hotel.
I will deffinately not recommande the hotel and would certainly not come and stay. Thotel is lovely but the staff are lack of knowledge. The location is great for the day if you want to go shopping but be prepared not to get a sleep during the night.

3 Thank toureiffle
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 July 2010

Stayed the 4th of July as we were going to a concert. Hotel reviews at that point were a bit mixed . Shouldnt have worried .Room and massive bathroom were lovely .Agree with other reviews that shower isn't powerful enough . Food was great breakfast,lunch and dinner.We were not disappointed at all.and had a really lovely time.
There was a slight hiccup in the morning as we had had our car valet parked but the lift had broken down when they went to collect for us. No problem though we were given the room for as long as required and booked in for a courtesy lunch ,as well as no charge for the parking. The car was ready and waiting for us by the time we had finished lunch.
The service by all the staff was excellent from reception to bar and restaurant. Room emaculate. Special thanks to Wendy who sorted out the issue with the car .Excellent customer service and a great hotel.

London
Reviewed 30 July 2010

1:Location= Not far from the City Centre of Glasgow. Opposite the Malmaison if you have been there beofre. It's very easy to find and walking distance from everything.
2:Building= Impressive Hotel. It looks great from both outside and inside....
3:Welcome= Good welcome at reception. I was very disaponted by the welcome at the restaurant. A young dark hair girl made me wait 10 minutes before looking after me. I felt the level of service there was far from what I would have expected in a hotel like this.
4:Room= Very nice room. Modern and well designed. I really likes it.
5:Bathroom= Very modern too! I had a walk-in shower which made the overall very modern.
6:Dinner= Good dinner - Good food.
7: Summary= The hotel recpetionist forgot to book my taxi as required when I checked in. I almost missed my 5.45am flight....Overall, I am slightly dispointed! I will give it another chance soon and I hope the service will be better.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank lefrancais
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Reviewed 28 July 2010

I stayed for one night at the Blythswood Square hotel and found it to be the best hotel I have stayed at in Glasgow (& I've tried a few now!).
Service at reception was quick & efficient. My room was a twin room & was good & roomy. Nice decor & everything you could need - mini bar/fridge, huge TV with all the channels you could wish for, coffee/tea etc, robes, nice towels, very comfy bed & pillows. All in all - excellent. My only disappointments were with the shower which was a nightmare to work! All very fancy & cutting edge/art deco but I couldn't get it past a lukewarm temperature and just a pulse-type spray of water coming out. I always like a good positioned mirror for doing my hair, this was a struggle as the plug points were not conveniently placed to the huge mirror so it was a bit frustrating having to move the free-standing bathroom mirror into the bedroom to place near to the plugpoint to get the hairdryer/straightners etc anywere near. There was also no bins placed in the room so ended up having to put any rubbish into the tiny bathroom pedal bin. I had breakfast in my room which was ok - arrived on time/efficient delivery etc but the food was cold & they forgot a couple of things I had ordered. But these were my only niggly issues - otherwise it was great!
The bar areas are lovely in the hotel although the drinks are the usual pricey ones but service is excellent and a nice choice of wines. I didn't eat in the hotel (apart from the awful breakfast room service) but the bar meals looked really good so would like to go back & sample some of the food next time.
I don't visit Glasgow often unless attending events but would definately stay here again & make sure they show me how to use the shower next time!

• Stayed July 2010, travelled on business