This is a good location up the hill from the town centre, just round the corner from the Glasgow School of Art, in a great building on a handsome Georgian square. The interior is fashionable without being intimidatingly cool; the room design used Scottish elements (like tweed) without being all tartan and tam-o-shanter. Really comfortable beds, a great night's sleep, decent breakfast (from a menu with some buffet) and lovely lovely staff. Good cocktail menu and a good buzz in the bar on both Friday and Saturday nights
A few things struck us as amateurish, possibly because I understand it has only recently opened: the staff were absolutely lovely but didn't seem very experienced, or else not with a hotel of this class. The concierge was useless, didn't even know about the Glasgow School of Art around the corner and was using google to find information. Perhaps more guests are interested in shopping than in culture, but surely some information on some of the art galleries? The room numbers don't necessarily correspond with the floor numbers, so 308 might not be on the 3rd floor. The TV in the room might need to be switched off and then on again to find a TV signal. Some of the signage looked like it had been printed out on A4 on the bubblejet printer in the office. Afternoon tea was served from an urn instead of freshly-boiled water. Tiny tiny irrelevant points which hardly bear mentioning, but added together made up a lovely hotel which I would totally recommend but just not quite on a par with a hotel of a similar class elsewhere.
Oh yes and the restaurant had a good atmosphere but the food was trying too hard to be fancy and fashionable and ended up looking great but tasting average.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Blythswood Square is more than a hotel and is an exciting addition to Glasgow's city centre. Not only does it have 100 stunning guest rooms but it also houses an amazing spa, restaurant, salon bar and private event areas, a true 5 star proposition. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Lastminute, Ebookers, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Blythswood Square reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Blythswood Square Hotel Glasgow
- Blythswood Square Glasgow, Scotland