“Excellent food and friendly service.”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Peters West End - CLOSED

Peters West End
Price range: US$17 - US$27
Cuisines: British
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol
Beith, Ayrshire
“Excellent food and friendly service.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 September 2013

Really enjoyed our meal at Peter's West End. There was plenty to choose from on the set menu, the one criticism I would have is the extra charge on about half of the options. That being said I chose 3 dishes without a surcharge and was delighted with them. The Mexican salmon was delicious and the portions plentiful. The owner/waiter was very friendly and chatty. I thoroughly enjoyed my meal and will be back.

• Visited September 2013

Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Good night out”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2013

Went out for a work night out in a group of 25. The menu was good but a little disappointed to see that many of the dishes on the set menu cost extra.
Starter of Filo caprese was lovely as was the ravioli main. By the time I got to dessert I couldn't manage all of the sticky toffee pudding but what I did manage was very sweet.
The service was very efficient considering there were so many of us and staff were very friendly. The only minor point was how noisy it was but then there were a large number of us!
I will be back and hopefully soon

Bishops Stortford, United Kingdom
“We ate there this evening and had a great meal!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2013

Went there this evening. Had a great steak with garlic green beans, hand cut chips and onion rings. Perfectly cooked steak. Good service and reasonable priced. Would definitely go again when in the area!

Stirling, United Kingdom
“Very good value, lovely staff”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2013

We got a 5pm deal which included a glass of house wine with our set menu. My starter of filo caprese was quite tasty. My partner really enjoyed his Mexican salmon dish which seemed to have a lot of good flavours. My ravioli was a milder than i would have liked but seemed good quality ingredients. sticky toffee pudding to finish was good with butterscotch sauce and lovely ice cream.
the decor in the restaurant was basic and a little bare, which meant it was quite noisy when we were in there on a busy Thursday night. a good neighbourhood restaurant for a value meal. friendly service throughout.

Glasgow, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Unbeatable value”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2013

We keep returning to Peter's as it consistently out-performs other local eateries in the area. The portions are not huge if you have a ravenous appetite, but we find them just right if you go for the full 3 courses. The choice of dishes is select but varied enough to cope with most dietary needs, and they are always amenable to accommodating even the strictest of diets. The service is always friendly and efficient and the atmosphere relaxed.
Great food and great value compared to some of the over-priced local competition, and believe me, we've tried most of the rest, but Peter's is the best.

• Visited July 2013