“Shouldnt offer services you arent proficient in”
Review of Spa in the City

Spa in the City
Ranked #10 of 52 Spas & Wellness in Glasgow
More attraction details
Owner description: We aim to provide the ultimate experience in lifestyle consultations, 5 star treatments, excellent homecare advice and most importantly a Spa in the City experience to be cherished with lasting benefits. Spa in the City is open 6 days a week offering morning and late evening appointments
Reviewed 2 September 2013

I went with my cousin to get calgel nails and spray tans. They made such a mess of my cousins infills she had to leave the Spa and run around Glasgow in the rain at 4pm the day before we left for my wedding to get someone else to strip the nails and re-do them. She was sent - quote " to go to a nail specialist to fix them" A whole afternoon wasted for her.
I got calgel nail extensions done. One of my nails had already broken 4 hours later so the morning I was due to leave for my wedding I had to go back for a repair. Another nail broke during my wedding dinner. The spa really shouldnt offer nail services. the spray tan wasnt an amazing experience either, they stand you on a towel that has been in the booth for who knows how many other peoples tans....so the bottoms of my feet went a horrible dirty brown.

this was supposed to be a relaxing pre wedding treatment for me, that ended up the most anoying and stressful event prior....and I had a cake decorator cancel on me, this day was still worse.

Reviewed 18 July 2013

I had a great facial and massage with lovely staff, loads of herbal tea and a great feeling of relaxation and rejuvenation. I didn't feel at all rushed to leave and indeed enjoyed chatting over peppermint tea with other clients. Very good value and they have lots of offers every month so their website is worth keeping an eye on. I only wish I was in Glasgow more often!

Reviewed 8 May 2013

My friend and I came to Glasgow for my birthday weekend, this included a trip to 'Spa in the City' at Glasgow. I originally just put an internet request in and the next day I had a voice message returning my inquiry. I was so impressed that we booked ourselves in as soon as possible. The girls were so helpful and the massage was amazing! Fantastic, best way to kill a few hours!!

Reviewed 21 February 2013

I recently tried to purchase a 'virtual voucher' on the spainthecity website for a friend as a birthday present. I gave myself a week to order the voucher, so that I could print it off and insert it into a birthday card to send to my friend (who lives in Glasgow). I made the order on a Monday, with the promise that the virtual voucher would be instantly emailed to my email address. It is now Thursday; I have made three calls, none of which were answered, I have left a voicemail and numerous emails. At one point, I received a reply saying that my voucher had been activated, and I received an email advising me that my order had been dispatched, followed by an email to say my order had been delivered, followed by an email to say that the order was complete. And yet, I have not received the email with the voucher. I have tried to make contact numerous times since, with no reply. Needless to say, I have missed my friend's birthday. This is a ridiculous situation. Why rely on an automated service, when you could simply forward a voucher via email??

Reviewed 21 September 2012

This was my first visit to Spa in the City & overall I wasn't disappointed. I booked one of the special offers and was still able to redeem a gift voucher against this. When I entered the reception area I was immediately given a friendly welcome & offered a herbal tea. My therapist, Pamela, was lovely, explained exactly what the treatments would involve & let me choose my own oils according to my mood. I had a back, neck & shoulder massage and an express facial, both were fantastic.

The only downside was that the client having her nails done at the nail bar outside my treatment room had a very loud voice which was a bit off-putting when I was trying to relax! Apart from that, I was impressed & have already booked another treatment.