“China Blue won't give you the blues”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of China Blue

China Blue
Ranked #294 of 2,393 Restaurants in Glasgow
Cuisines: Chinese, Asian
Good for: Groups, Cheap Eats, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Neighbourhood: City Centre
Description: G2 1NH
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“China Blue won't give you the blues”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2014 via mobile

A lunch time visit on a Thursday afternoon.
We were off to the cinema and were looking for a quick meal before going.
So glad we chose here.

The decoration and fittings won't win any awards, it's a basic Chinese restaurant, functional but still welcoming. We were greeted by friendly staff, who I think, assumed we would only be interested in the lunch menu and not al a carte as they cleared the chopsticks and and gave us a knife and fork along with the £5.95 lunch menu. The restaurant was fairly busy with Chinese patrons.

We ordered two chicken and sweetcorn soups, a chicken chow main and a chicken curry with fried rice along with a couple of fresh orange and lemonades.

I can happily say that the soups were very good, nice flavour well seasoned and a good consistancy. The free prawn crackers were nice too.

Our mains were also lovely. The curry was a good sized portion with a decent curry flavour and plenty of chicken. The Chow mein was just as good, excellent portion size, lovely noodles with plenty of chicken. At £5.95 for two courses there are no complaints here.

As we were eating we noticed some fantastic looking dishes being served to the other patrons.
They looked so good that I will be making a return visit to sample the food from the al a carte menu.

Authentic good quality Chinese food at reasonable prices. A hit.

2 Thank gdnumber1

Lisburn, United Kingdom
“Tasty Chinese food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 March 2014

I visited this restaurant on a whim with my brother, who lives in Glasgow, and my boyfriend, as we were in the city visiting for the night. We had a quick look at the menu and decided to go inside - it was reasonably quiet when we arrived but a number of other groups quickly arrived adding a nice atmosphere to the place.

Our waitress was warm and friendly and endeavoured to explain our options to us. I am a vegetarian, whereas my boyfriend doesn't eat much veg, so we can be a difficult crowd to please! There aren't actually any vegetarian options listed on the menu, but the waitress gave me an idea of what I could have, so I ordered beancurd (tofu) and mixed veg in sweet chilli sauce, with fried rice - it was delicious, highly recommended! Brother had a duck dish which he wolfed down and my boyfriend had crispy chicken, also in the sweet chilli sauce (not like the thai kind of sweet chilli sauce - this was much more savoury and thicker, not far off a chilli bean sauce). All enjoyed the meal, we did sit and wait for a while here and there but the waitress was so pleasant that nobody really minded. The vast majority of other patrons were Chinese, so I can only surmise that this is suggestive of the quality and authentic nature of the food. Thumbs up from us!

3 Thank Gill G
Elgin, United Kingdom
“wow! - what a find.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 March 2014

we were in Glasgow for the weekend (cup final) and came accross China Blue by chance. As we arrived before 7.30 PM we had the pre-theatre menu which was £8.95 for 2 courses plus coffee. We decided to give it a try and enjoyed one of our best Chinese meals ever - and I've tried a few! There were a lot of Chinese diners in the restaurant which suggests that the food is fairly authenic. The restaurant is licenced again and we had prawn crackers while studying the menu. I'm a great lover of hot and sour soup and as it was not on the set menu I asked the waitress if I could have this instead and she happily obliged. The Szechuan chicken main course was probably the best I have ever tasted and although this was a set menu dinner quality and qantity was exceptional and represented fantastic value for money. Also, the staff should be congratulated on their exceptional customer service.
Next time in Glasgow - I'll be back!

“lovely”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 March 2014

decided to try this place as i really fancied a chinese curry, on arrival we were warmly greeted by the staff and shown to our seat, they dont have a drinks license so opted for green tea which was very nice, starters were fine not overly large portions but we were given prawn crackers whilst waiting for our meals, my curry was very tasty and the chicken chow mein was lovely, we both had banana fritter to finish which was delicious just maybe needed a bit more sauce. Staff were very good asking how our meal was and when we left saying a cheery goodbye and thanks, hope all places are as friendly as this for the coming Commonwealth Games.

“Fantastic Chinese food!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 March 2014

Really nice experience in the restaurant. Extraordinary food, although the waiter struggled a little bit to explain us the differences among some of the options. Apart from that, everything was fantastic. In fact, I have to add that this restaurant was recommended to me by a couple of chinese friends, so take into account their opinion rather than mine!

• Visited February 2014