“Good Music”

Neighbourhood: City Centre
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Good Music”
Reviewed 5 May 2012

Nice atmosphere and friendly staff. I have only visited this bar during the week, and at these times the drinks are cheap (beer £2 an a cocktail £3) but tasty. It was also relatively busy which is surprising on a week night, I would definitely visit again.

Visited February 2012

Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Fantastic! Fantastic! Fantastic!”
Reviewed 20 April 2012

I do not have enough fingers and toes to count the amount of times we have been back to Boteco since our last review!
Food is still out of this world and I urge everyone to try the feijoada and the Brazilian mixed grill, out of this world and I am not a big meat eater! Brilliant chefs!
I've just spent my 40th Birthday with friends, Birthday dinner with family and my husbands Birthday this past 2 weeks and the food, drink and Birthday cocktails were fantastic!
We finally got to experience Boteco late at night and what an atmosphere, great bands and salsa dancing, not like anything else you'll find in Glasgow, along with the Sagatiba chilli sugar shots! :)
Marcita and co always give it 110% for friendliness and service every time, even with our noisy 'weans'! :)

• Visited April 2012
4 Thank THampson
Glasgow
“A cracking place for a drink, lively and friendly.”
Reviewed 18 April 2012

We really just went here as a meeting place, I'd been before, but my partner wanted to try it out. However, we ended up staying for the whole evening. The place has got a great, lively, vibrant atmosphere. It never took long to get served at the bar, drinks standard price for Merchant City, friendly staff. We shared a pizza which was better than most but not amazing, reasonably priced and arrived quickly. I liked the décor too. I will definitely recommend this place to pals and I would be inclined to choose it for a drink over most of the other places in the Merchant City.

• Visited April 2012
1 Thank RossM83
Scotland
“Not great food but would give it another go”
Reviewed 3 April 2012

A group of us ate at Boteco one Friday lunchtime. We did the two courses for £5 menu. The food was very much quantity rather than quality - everyone's starters were huge (but unfortunately not really great) and the mains were quite average (for example the pizzas didnt have much topping on them, the lasagne had lots of tomato but hardly any meat). However - it was only £5, so I guess you get what you pay for...

Saying this there was a good atmosphere, with some great music. I think it would be a good venue for some cocktails after work or as a meeting up place. I would try the food here again, but from the standard menu to see if this makes a difference.

• Visited March 2012
United Kingdom
“Excellent!”
Reviewed 28 March 2012

Had birthday dinner at Botecos on Saturday 24th March. We visit Glasgow often and always have family birthdays here. The staff are amazing, especially Mositta, (sorry if wrong spelling), they are all so friendly and helpful. We had a lovely time, as we always do. We have eaten at Botecos many times; on this occasion we had the Botecos mixed grill, served on a revolving plate, there was an abundance of:- steak, chicken, lamb, pork, sausage, salad, fries, mushrooms, tomatoes and other things I cant remember. We had 2 grills (there were four of us) and couldn't eat it all, piping hot and cooked to perfection.

We always feel very welcome at Boteco's, like a home from home, it is our favourite place in Glasgow and wouldn't go anywhere else. I sent a "Thank you" card the next day. Looking forward to our next visit.

• Visited March 2012