“Extremely disappointing” 1 of 5 bubbles

Boteco Do Brasil
Ranked #714 of 2,387 Restaurants in Glasgow
Cuisines: Brazilian, Bar, Pub
Good for: Groups, Bar Scene, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Drinks, Dinner, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighbourhood: City Centre
“Extremely disappointing”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2014

Having been to Boteco on a number of occassions and enjoyed myself greatly I decided to go there for my work leaving night. I paid a £70 deposit for a seating area for 14 people. I turned up on the Saturday night to find that they had only reserved a couch under a TV for me. Staff were not helpful in the slightest, didn't apologise and I had to demand my £70 back, I eventually got it back after 15 minutes standing and waiting. There seemed to be a lot of disappointed parties that night. They obviously take too many bookings. Downright greed. AVOID large party bookings.

2 Thank arr91

“Really disappointed...”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

Now, I'm genuinely not one to complain much, but after just a few hours in this place - I feel compelled to warn others. I booked a table for my partner and I on a Monday night, something a little different I thought. Yeah, let's try Brasilian, the menu listed on their website got me salivating. It won't be busy on a Monday either I thought, so service should be attentive. I was wrong to salivate, wrong to assume good service and wrong to take my loved one there! Menu reads like an explosion of flavour, a real taste of Rio - but the chicken in coconut I ordered was chicken thighs with the skin still on, sunken in a greasy korma coloured soup. The rice was clearly Veet, 2 minute microwave rice with a bit of parsley on top. My partners beef stew thing was mostly kidney beans in a watery gravy.

But prior to the food (which came far too quickly for our liking) - we stood at the bar to order drinks. Cocktails are 3.50 Sunday to Wednesday. We stood for at least five minutes before anyone acknowledged us. Not even a, "2 minutes guys, be right with you". Is it a cultural thing? Is this the service you get in Brasil? If so, it was really authentic! Cocktails were lovely though, must admit, but hardly worth the 15 minute wait to get them. "Fifteen minutes! Why did you wait that long?", I hear you cry... To be honest guys, I'm thinking the same thing. Anywhere else and I would have just left, but I think we were just keen on trying something a little different.

Needless to say, I won't be back. It's probably ok for a quick beer but not worthy of a longer stay. The problem is, the staff don't seem to care about custom. I heard a girl ask for the music to be changed as the same song had been playing for 25 minutes, the guy said he was too busy. So she asked to speak to the manager and he said he WAS the manager!! She was fuming and probably in a state of disbelief.

Go to Kublai Khan just round the corner for better service and better food. Even though we had been there before - WE should have done exactly that!!!

3 Thank Frequent T
Motherwell, Scotland, United Kingdom
“Atmosphere made up for poor service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

Service was slow..lots of staff only able to collect glasses not enough staff serving drinks or food..atmosphere was great great band and dancers made the night we will go back probably for drinks only

• Visited August 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Stirling, Australia
“Look of the place is the only thing going for it”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2014

My friends and I came to here for some lunch and drinks last weekend as it was recommended by someone staying in Glasgow. So disappointed. Everything about it was shocking. There was 5 of us and it seemed like we were putting the staff out by us coming in as they had to move two tables together for us to sit at - sorry no, WE had to move the two tables ourselves. They weren't even busy, maybe about 3 other tables in the whole place were occupied. No one came to take our order so we went up and ordered drinks/food ourselves. They mucked up our order three times and we had to keep repeating it to them as they, for some reason, didn't write it down and thought they could remember it to put in the till. Our drinks then took 15 minutes to be made, and they were disgusting. Our food them came 45 minutes later - the margriata pizza had no basil on it, the chips were cold, the pasta was inedible and the meat dish that someone got looked like it had been sitting out for hours and was so dry. When handed the food, the waiter leaned over everyone and held it out for the person who had ordered it to collect from him. No one checked on us, staff were rude and lazy. Couldn't believe it, was looking forward to going here, but it was absolutely shocking. Stay away.

1 Thank Beccamcb
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“June Bug Cocktail was the only good thing about this place...”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2014

We were here at the weekend for a Hen do.. The table wasn't ready for us and we were the ones that were running slightly late. So we waited for drinks and the 10 deep bar. Eventually we got seated and couldn't breathe with the heat in the place. Fair enough its not normal weather for Glasgow and the reason it was so busy was for the Commonwealth Games.. For my main I had the Moqueca with Fish slow cooked in Coconut Milk which sounded wonderful in writing.. The sauce was nice but my fish was RAW!! Nothing slow cooked about it.. Normally I would complain but that would of made matters worse.. One of the girls ordered and her meal never turned up?! They really need to get more staff on as it was very unorganised.. Sorry guys but I will defiantly not be back..

• 2 of 5 bubbles