“Friendly & welcoming”

Ranked #1,649 of 2,413 Restaurants in Glasgow
Price range: US$13 - US$25
Cuisines: Chinese, Malaysian, Vietnamese, Singaporean
Dining options: After-hours, Private Dining
Description: Come and dine with us in our stunning Hou Mei Restaurant. Literally translated, Hou Mei means 'good taste' offering Glasgow the finest in contemporary Asian Cuisine. Whilst our menu specialises in Chinese cuisine, inspired by our Malaysian Heritage, we have also included dishes from Malaysia, Singapore, and Vietnam. Come and join us to experience a touch of the Far East with our fantastic and fresh range of dishes, all of which are prepared by our experienced and authentic Chinese chefs.
Dublin, Ireland
“Friendly & welcoming”
Reviewed 15 November 2013

This is a regular haunt whenever I am in Glasgow.
The staff on the reception are always very friendly and welcoming and manage to remember you even if you haven't been there for months.
The croupiers are also great adverts for the Casino - friendly, helpful, ready to give advice and assistance.
If you like a flutter and enjoy a late night drink, this is the place to be.

Visited October 2013

Irvine, United Kingdom
“Very reasonable food, new menu!”
Reviewed 14 August 2013

We went here for a night out at the casino a couple of months back and the bonus this casino has compared to the Gala Casino on the same street is the free indoor parking for customers. This is just right of the front door. We entered and it took them a short while to get our details sorted at reception because the system was different to the one they used in Edinburgh where I had registered, but this was only a small inconvenience. I had booked a table at the restaurant, but I think when it is quiet they simply wait to see if you arrive before setting up a table. We had a drink at the bar and then sat down and ordered our meal. The chicken wings to start were excellent, if not a little messy and I enjoyed the blue cheese dip. My burger was really good and I really like a decent coleslaw. The problem was there was coleslaw in the burger as well as the dish being served with red slaw. I am not sure if this was an oversight, but it seemed too much of the same thing. The chicken also looked very nice. I also decided to plump for a pudding, which I rarely do, but I am sure it was about £12 for three courses and the cheesecake sounded tempting. It was really nice with sliced banana on top and topped off a decent meal. There were plenty of staff on duty throughout our visit so you never went short of a drink, even when at the games machines or blackjack table. Really good visit and I am due a revisit very soon I feel.

• Visited June 2013
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Excellent day out!”
Reviewed 1 August 2012

I went with my work colleagues for our Christmas lunch party. The lunch package was great value with 3 courses, a drink, a games tutorial and two £5 free bets for just £29.99. The menu had a selection of dishes both traditional and alternative and everything was delicious. We thoroughly enjoyed our tutorial on the blackjack and roulette tables and having a wee flutter with our free bets. What was meant to be a 2 hour lunch turned into an 8 hour day out. The staff were brilliant; attentive and very friendly. Excellent place for a day/night out!

• Visited December 2011
2 Thank RoslynS
Christchurch, New Zealand
“great banter”
Reviewed 19 October 2011

staff are "loads o fun". Stay away from Pete the angel of death.(joke)

Visited October 2011
Fiv S, Public Relations Manager at Genting Casino Glasgow, responded to this review, 10 March 2015
Staff are still great fun, and we hope to see you back next time you are in Glasgow.