“excellent location and value for money”
Review of citizenM Glasgow

citizenM Glasgow
Ranked #13 of 93 Hotels in Glasgow
Reviewed 8 May 2011

Enjoyable overnight stay. Breakfast was delicious self service in a comfy and relaxed atmosphere. Rooms were small but comfortable.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (5,395)

Reviewed 8 May 2011

I stayed at the hotel for one night, easy self check in but very friendly staff on hand to assist you. Room was very comfortable, loved the mood lighting and shower. It's location couldn't be more central, with off site car parking in Cambridge Street multi storey at £10 for 24 hours. Breakfast was lovely too, I will definitely be back.

Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank dfm123095
Reviewed 8 May 2011

I had a road to Damascus moment in the shower. It struck me that the hotels that I've hated in my life were those with dodgy showers. The Hansgrohe Rainshower was a blissful surprise, complete with fresh bath towels daily, and no patronising little note asking you to "save the environment"). Superb staff (do you spend a lot of money on staff training CitizenM? If you do, it's worth every penny; if you don't, give your Personnel Manager a raise).

Thoroughly recommend it. I even managed to work the gadget (I can't turn my own TV on!).

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank Hoodytwoshoes
Reviewed 8 May 2011

Stayed one night, amazing trendy hotel, and brilliant value for money. And the French Martinis are delicious!

• Stayed: May 2011
1  Thank marhi89
Reviewed 7 May 2011

i have just read a review regarding someone who lost something at the hotel and had it returned 2 days later under suspicion, all i can say is that the staff who looked after me at the hotel were fab and i could not fault, i had left a sentimental book on my stay , they found it a week later, and sent it to me without charge.....class act, thankyou M...and i would highly reccomend you stay...

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank chimper33
Reviewed 7 May 2011

For the price, this is probably going to be about the best place to stay in glasgow. It's new, very clean and modern. I had a room on the 7th floor with a great view of the city, The room was nice and the mood lighting was excellent. Great TV too and lots of free films. Ipod doc is also a plus. Don't go if you can't use a remote control (lol) the tv, lights and blinds are all controlled by this- I love gadgets so thought it was great.

Room Tip: highest floor
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 May 2011

My partner and I stayed at this hotel on Saturday 30th April for 1 night. First impressions were fab, ideal location for the city centre and it looks really nice from the outside. Inside too looked great, the decor and furniture is really funky and modern. Self service check in is easy to use, no issues here. The lobby area is great, many funky seats and good books to read. Bar area at lobby is also quite nicely decorated, reasonably priced for city centre. The lifts taking us to the rooms were slow.

The room was great, a fab way to make the most of what space you have. The bed was great and was very comfy. Rooms are quiet. The remote control was a really good idea to control lights, blinds etc and I liked the ipod dock, it was a nice touch. The shower was really good and I loved the mood lighting that you could change on it. Could not fault the room or common areas in any way.

Now to my problem, which I have to admit ruined my stay completely. Prior to check out the next day I mistakenly left my £300 bracelet lying on the bed with the intention of putting in on before I left the room, which I forgot to do. My partner and I left the hotel and I realised a few hours later I had left my bracelet in the room. We immediately returned to the hotel and informed them of this, staff at this point were helpful. One staff member stated he would check the room for us to see if the bracelet was still there. He returned a short time later and informed us that it was not there and that he had spoken with the cleaner who had cleaned the room. She said that she did not find any bracelet and that no other person had access to the room since we had left. Lost and found property records had been checked and there was nothing to be found.

Staff again checked the room and again spoke to the cleaner and I was again informed my bracelet was NOT there and had NOT been found by the cleaner. At this time the staff member dealing with us stated that he thought I was making this up and that I had infact lost my bracelet. My partner and I both confirmed we saw the bracelet on the bed prior to us leaving and both knew that it had been left in the room. We were very upset and and angry at being accused of such a thing, staff were bitterly unhelpful and rude.

I immediately reported the matter to the police on Sunday 1st May around 1700 hours. I had NO phonecall or any sort of follow up on the Monday. On the Tuesday afternoon (2 days after I reported it) my partner received a phone call from staff stating that miraculously my bracelet had been found. Allegedly the member of staff who cleaned the room on the Sunday had found it when she cleaned the room and it had been in her cleaning cart. Staff could not explain why she had stated on the day it was lost that she had NOT found OR lodged anything. They could not give any reason for me being accused of lying and offered no apologies. They could offer no explanation as to why it took 2 days to notify me that my bracelet had been found. when ALLEGEDLY the cleaner had found it on the day I lost it, even though she said then that she NEVER found anything.

I am personally of the opinion that the staff member who cleaned the room stole my bracelet. She then became aware that the police had been informed of the matter and thought it best to then say she had infact found it, yet this took her 2 days to do?!?!?!?! I think not.

A shame to end what was a great stay up until that point. I would NOT recommend anyone to stay at the hotel now.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank lainyhamilton
citizenMhotels, Director of Distribution at citizenM Glasgow, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2011

Hi “lainyhamilton”,

Your partner posted a review on May 1, 2011 (“A ruined stay!”) detailing this experience, which was responded.

If we can assist any further, please, feel free to contact me.

citizen Lennert