“Cool!”
Review of citizenM Glasgow

citizenM Glasgow
Ranked #15 of 93 Hotels in Glasgow
Reviewed 30 September 2011

The overall impression of the hotel is very good, a lot of attention to the style and very clean. Something is odd, and the style should not be an excuse for oddities. The location is very central, at five minutes walk from Buchannan St, Sauchiehall St and Glasgow Central station and the hotel has free wifi.
One note on the comments: this hotel is very well rated, but I have the impression that most of the reviewers were simply astonished by the design (and haven't been before in a designer hotel). Excellence is still a step ahead. Anyway I still strongly recommend to use it for a short visit to Glasgow.

Plus (more that what you expect in a four star hotel room)
- large full-wall window
- super computerised remote control for the room, with selection of the colours of the light (i've chosen tropical beach for all my stay), the temperature, the curtains, the alarm (the speakers didn't worked)
- curtains that REALLY block the light
- free movies! (when you'll manage to use the remote control)

Minus (less that what you expect in a 4 start hotel room)
- no kettle for tea and biscuits!!!
- the remote control is far too complicated
- the room is narrow and the bed goes from wall to wall and is attached to the window, so it can be accessed only from the forth side, and someone will have to pass on someone else (when in the comments you read that the bed is huge... the reviewer felt in the trap of the designer... + for the designer, - for the reviewer)
- very little wardrobe, the room is not for long stays with big bags
- the sink is in the corridor and not in the toilet. This can be good (one can use the sink while another is having a shower) but easily there is water on the floor...
- the view from the window is not great: the road is not a nice road, and the courtyard is the backyard of many other buildings, not well kept.
- plastic cutlery!!! for breakfast

Room Tip: you'll be asked to choose between view on the street and view on the courtyard... won't chan...
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
Write a ReviewReviews (5,527)

Reviewed 30 September 2011

I visited CitizenM Hotel in Glasgow last night for the first time. I was there for a business networking event and I have to say that this is quite simply the best for this type of occasion. The private members bit, called SocietyM, is just amazing. Furnished a bit like a cosy, comfortable library with brilliant serving staff - friendly and efficient - this was a truly pleasurable experience and one that I hope to repeat very soon. The hotel part looks amazing from the pictures (not had the grand tour yet) but will definitely be recommending.

Reviewed 30 September 2011

Absolutely loved this hotel, the rooms were fun, clean bright modern and of high quality. The only issue I had was with having to iron my shirts for the following days meetings. although I have no real problem having to to go to a ironing room (I would prefer a irom in my room as I travel alot on business) The ironing room turned out to be the secure luggage store and I was left alone in there to iron my shirts.. not very security concious and not very glamorous....I won't be leaving my luggage there in the future (I do undersatnd it always is at my own risk) however I do hope the hotels where I stay take some responsibilty to ensure my cases have some degree of security. For such a well thought out hotel this small issue was ill thought out.

Reviewed 29 September 2011

Arrived in Glasgow early the first Thursday of September 2011 from Canada...long flight. Though not able to check-in right away, we asked about good breakfast places in the area, and the front desk staff readily provided their recommendations. Walked a short distance, had a lovely 'brekkie' (where restaurant owner came and talked to us), then were able to check in early (for a modest fee) and get a well needed nap before setting off to tour Glasgow. The hotel room, though very small, was very well appointed, had free WiFi, movies of ALL types, and had many 'nice' touches like changing light colours in the shower area. Bedding / towels of VERY high quality, as were fixtures in general! We would heartily recommend this hotel as a overnight stop for a day or two while exploring Glasgow! p&j

Room Tip: Easy location to get to from Glasgow airport (airport bus to within 2 blocks away). Recommend the...
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 September 2011

Walk in...wow! Check-in...wow! Enter room...wow! Huge bed...wow! Great Shower...wow! Find bar...wow! Staff are friendly, confident, helpful and chatty (rare in hotel staff these days!) I was only staying one night so lack of storage/hanging space wasn't an issue. Bed is huge (and I'm 6' 5" tall) Shower is fantastic. Easy to use and powerful although a little slippy (easily rectified with a hand-towel on the shower floor) Remote control (for everything) takes a bit of getting used to but after a 'typical' bloke reaction (push every button and watch what happens) it's not difficult to get the hang of things. Free movies and internet access is a huge bonus. Will definately be coming back although I would imagine that being cheap, the height of summer might be a bit boisterous with students!

Room Tip: Front rooms probably better than rear
1  Thank Jerryhill057
Reviewed 28 September 2011

stayed there for two nights everything good checkin very easy with help from freindly confident staff.room good but not enough storage space ie hanging of clothing,dressing table ,bin to small. on the plus side massive bed brilliant shower ,very clean,very good futaristic lighting and tv system. excellent self service breakfast.down side no tea coffee makeing or mini bar.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 September 2011

I recently stayed in the Citizen M last week. Having stayed here on numerious occasions I always enjoy my visit, however, I was really disapointed about events on my stay. When I arrived my duvet and pillows were lying on the floor and no towels had been left in the room. This was rectified within half an hour by room service, who assured me the room had been serviced, but not fully.
Later in the evening of my stay I was woken by nosiey guests running up and dowm the corridor and with banging on the walls next door. Having an early morning meeting at 6am, this was not appreciated. I complained to reception but very nothing was done.
Overall, this trip has left me considering future travel plans and hotels. I even passed my details onto a member of staff to contact me with regard to my complaints and no-one has been in touch. Sad Loyal Citizen..... ;-(

3  Thank 725Sleeper725
citizenMhotels, social media citizen at citizenM Glasgow, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2011

Hi "725Sleeper725",

I hope you accept our apologies, and that you understand that the issues you experienced in your last stay was an exception, it doesn't represent our hospitality.

I tried researching your past experience but could not find any information. Since we don't have your full name, it is hard to track your specific stay. I would love if you could email me via citizenDiego@citizenM.com with more information and I will make sure to follow-up.

We are sorry we let you down.

All the best,