The overall impression of the hotel is very good, a lot of attention to the style and very clean. Something is odd, and the style should not be an excuse for oddities. The location is very central, at five minutes walk from Buchannan St, Sauchiehall St and Glasgow Central station and the hotel has free wifi.
One note on the comments: this hotel is very well rated, but I have the impression that most of the reviewers were simply astonished by the design (and haven't been before in a designer hotel). Excellence is still a step ahead. Anyway I still strongly recommend to use it for a short visit to Glasgow.
Plus (more that what you expect in a four star hotel room)
- large full-wall window
- super computerised remote control for the room, with selection of the colours of the light (i've chosen tropical beach for all my stay), the temperature, the curtains, the alarm (the speakers didn't worked)
- curtains that REALLY block the light
- free movies! (when you'll manage to use the remote control)
Minus (less that what you expect in a 4 start hotel room)
- no kettle for tea and biscuits!!!
- the remote control is far too complicated
- the room is narrow and the bed goes from wall to wall and is attached to the window, so it can be accessed only from the forth side, and someone will have to pass on someone else (when in the comments you read that the bed is huge... the reviewer felt in the trap of the designer... + for the designer, - for the reviewer)
- very little wardrobe, the room is not for long stays with big bags
- the sink is in the corridor and not in the toilet. This can be good (one can use the sink while another is having a shower) but easily there is water on the floor...
- the view from the window is not great: the road is not a nice road, and the courtyard is the backyard of many other buildings, not well kept.
- plastic cutlery!!! for breakfast
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in Glasgow's city centre and Theatre District, citizenM Glasgow offers affordable luxury in the form of 198 modern non-smoking rooms. Enjoy free Wi-Fi in the entire hotel, free movies, high pressure rain showers and luxurious linens on an XL king-size bed; contemporary Vitra lobbies for work and play with free iMac access, and a 24/7 on-site eatery and bar to quench every hunger and thirst. CitizenM Glasgow also boasts SocietyM, which provides one-of-a-kind creative meeting spaces for 2 to 18 people, a larger screening room, audiovisual equipment, and reliable Wi-Fi. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your citizenM Glasgow reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Citizenm Glasgow Hotel Glasgow
- CitizenM Glasgow Scotland