Love it. I wasn't too sure at first, I was thinking it was aimed a bit young for me... but it's luxury all the way, and for this old broad that's a handy thing. HUGE bed, and comfortable (and I'm fussy), gorgeous lighting, great TV system and integrated system. Lots of people talk about the room being small, but I've been in huge rooms that are more poorly organised. There was somewhere for everything. And the bathroom looks small, but again it's sort of not, it has a rainshower thing, which was amazing!!!
I stayed here twice in October (two nights, then one night). The first time it was by train, the second time with a car. I wasn't too sure about the car, cos they don't have parking, BUT they have formal arrangements with two secure parking stations nearby and its still heaps cheaper and just as easy to park and take luggage over to CitizenM than to stay at a more expensive place (and probably still have to pay for parking). I thought it would be a budget hotel, but it really did feel like a luxury place. Gorgeous! It's right in the middle of town, just near all of the important places, and an easy bus (or a really long walk as I did) to KelvinGrove... but, yeah, right in the middle of the city. The only negative about the place is that they have decided not to have tea and coffee making facilities in the room, I dunno, I think this might be a bit of an error, because it's fiddly first thing to go down and get a coffee in the lobby (which was good, but, yeah, it's my only niggling thing. The Ambassador and checkin process was great too... lovely and helpful people.
If you're in Glasgow, you'd be mad to stop elsewhere! I'd put up photos, but to be honest, the place looks exactly like the photos on their website. Exactly. No beat up. The only other thing is that I am really noisephobic and the place is QUIET (and I stayed on a Friday and a Saturday night). Great!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in Glasgow's city centre and Theatre District, citizenM Glasgow offers affordable luxury in the form of 198 modern non-smoking rooms. Enjoy free Wi-Fi in the entire hotel, free movies, high pressure rain showers and luxurious linens on an XL king-size bed; contemporary Vitra lobbies for work and play with free iMac access, and a 24/7 on-site eatery and bar to quench every hunger and thirst. CitizenM Glasgow also boasts SocietyM, which provides one-of-a-kind creative meeting spaces for 2 to 18 people, a larger screening room, audiovisual equipment, and reliable Wi-Fi. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Ebookers, Expedia, Odigeo, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your citizenM Glasgow reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Citizenm Glasgow Hotel Glasgow
- CitizenM Glasgow Scotland