We really loved this place and it has to be one of the most unique hotel experiences we've both had in a long time! It offers attractive and clever design at an affordable price.
On arrival, the self service check in was very intuitive and trouble free – much easier than those in your average supermarket! The downstairs lounge areas looked funky, bold and inviting, and we enjoyed having a drink there later in the evening.
The first thing that struck us in the room was the massive bed! Although the room itself is on the small side, thoughtful design and imaginative use of space more than compensate for this. Anyway, who needs massive amounts of floorspace on a weekend break? We had great fun playing with the centralised remote control which operates the blinds, lighting, heating and TV. The glass shower and WC pod sat really well as a design feature in the room although you'd probably need to know your room partner reasonably well to appreciate this fully!
In terms of sleep quality the blackout blinds really helped us get a good nights sleep. On the down side, the room temperature did seem a bit on the cool side and certainly lower than the 23 degrees. It was also difficult to dim the lighting to a very low level. There was also a bit of passing noise in the corridor although the carpeting (complete with an aerial view of Glasgow!) probably helped keep this to a minimum. One small oversight seemed to be the lack of a bin inside the room? A kettle may have come in useful, although I know such things mainly tend to be the preserve of British guest houses which this certainly isn't! I've only really mentioned these as points of detail rather than criticisms as the technology and design more than made up for these.
We thought the breakfast offering was generous and good quality – particularly the sausages! At £7.95, the pricing also seemed reasonably well pitched.
The city centre location could not be more accessible – close to bus and rail stations and the M8. However, it's just a shame that the more immediate views out of the big picture windows could not perhaps be a bit more appealing.
We would more than happily stay here again and have been keen to find out more about other hotels in the Citizen M group.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in Glasgow's city centre and Theatre District, citizenM Glasgow offers affordable luxury in the form of 198 modern non-smoking rooms. Enjoy free Wi-Fi in the entire hotel, free movies, high pressure rain showers and luxurious linens on an XL king-size bed; contemporary Vitra lobbies for work and play with free iMac access, and a 24/7 on-site eatery and bar to quench every hunger and thirst. CitizenM Glasgow also boasts SocietyM, which provides one-of-a-kind creative meeting spaces for 2 to 18 people, a larger screening room, audiovisual equipment, and reliable Wi-Fi. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your citizenM Glasgow reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Citizenm Glasgow Hotel Glasgow
- CitizenM Glasgow Scotland