“Great Stay”

Ranked #11 of 96 Hotels in Glasgow
Lochgilphead, United Kingdom
“Great Stay”
Reviewed 27 January 2013

We booked this hotel for a short stay in Glasgow to celebrate a birthday. We had never stayed before, but had heard good things about it, so thought why not. When I booked online, I mentioned that it was a surprise birthday gift, not thinking any more about it.

We arrived at the hotel, and had been warned that it was not a usual check in - you need to go to the first floor, where there are self service check in desks - however, there were a few members of staff to greet us, and asked if we had stayed before - when we said it was our first visit, we were given all the help and assistance we needed to complete our check in, and advice on hotel facilities. He wasn't intrusive at all, and was really welcoming and friendly.

We went to our room to be greeted by a happy birthday message, with an invite to go to the bar to enjoy a complimentary drink each - what a lovely touch!!!

The room itself, as has been outlined by other guests, isn't huge, however does have everything in it that you need, including an excellent entertainment system, the most comfy bed you could wish for (with extra pillows if needed) an amazing shower, and all the mood lighting, music and mod cons you could ask for in a short break - if I had to pick a downside, it could only be that there isn't a huge amount of storage space if you had a lot of luggage/clothing etc, but for a short break, it's perfect.

Unfortunately, we never had a chance to eat at the hotel, but the menu's were extensive, and there is plenty of space for you to chill out and relax in the numerous seating areas throughout.

We did have a few drinks at the bar, and again, could not fault the service or attitude of the staff - very friendly and welcoming.

All in all, a great place for a weekend away, and we look forward to heading back here. Highly recommended :-)

Room Tip: Higher floors give great views over the city - especially if they are at the front of the hotel.
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (934)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 January 2013

Had the very great pleasure of spending a night at citizenM in Glasgow. As I live in Glasgow, I'd passed it a couple of times and was curious, so checked the web to see more info. I find the concept completely fascinating and must say for me it works completely. I particularly like the idea of self check in and self check out, though there are staff members there to help if you get stuck. The beautifully stylish surroundings make for a pleasant and relaxed stay, I was able to pick of a Richard Avedon book from the shelf and browse through it while having a cold beer, check my website and go on Facebook in the Mac Suite and generally just really enjoyed spending time in such a well considered, relaxing environment. In the room, I loved that everything was controlled from the handset, I particularly liked the way lighting mood could be adjusted by touching the colour on the handset screen, wonderful. Staff were ALL very helpful and courteous and I will definitely stay again and if I'm in London or Amsterdam would use those over any other hotel, now that I know how it works. I would highly recommend citizenM, it's different, but I think that's the point.

Room Tip: At self check in the screen offered me two rooms, one with a city view or one with a forecourt view...
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled solo
Falkirk, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 January 2013

we loved our stay in the citizen m. the place was immaculate and staff were very friendly and helpful. One of the reasons i booked this hotel is because it looked so funky and we were not dissapointed by the design! so modern. The bed was the comfiest i have slept in and i debated taking a pillow home (oj) as it was amazing to sleep on! All in all a clean, funky and friendly hotel that im sure we will book again.

Bradford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 January 2013

What a surprise, great location, funky room and possibly the most helpful staff in the hotel business ! Rapid check in, great room, free movies, short walk to everything, the only downside was my inability to operate the remote to get the light in the shower to work without all the other lights coming on !

Room Tip: We had a room at the back which was nice and quite
Reviewed 26 January 2013

The rooms are small but they are perfectly formed for a 1 or 2 night city break, any longer and you would want to kill each other!! The shower is amazing and the bed is huge and comfy, only thing is they need to get normal sized pillows instead of square ones! The mood lighting is cool and the free movies are up to date and excellent although some are slightly inappropriate so if you are with a child then maybe don't let them see the movie list! Overall a good stay! Only small problems were a few crumbs in the bed, sorted with a wipe down and the fact the door isn't soundproofed like the walls! I didn't really appreciate getting woken up at 8 by someone hoovering outside my room!

• Stayed January 2013
Reviewed 25 January 2013

As a business traveller I don't think I've stayed in a better hotel in this country. Every area of the hotel is stylish and contemporary, with all you need as a 21st Century guest. The rooms are inexpensive but don't expect poor furnishing or a lack of mod cons. The shower is fabulous, the bed sumptuous and the lighting glorious. The hotel is in a central location with decent food, a nice bar and a decent ambience. I will definitely stay here again and I have stayed in a lot of Glasgow's apparently finest hotels.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 January 2013

I stayed at Citizen in November for business. The hotel is very stylish and unique and offers good facilities such as an I mac computer area. The rooms are not that large but are Laid out well and the bed is very comfortable. I would say the only reason you would not want to stay here is if you have lots of luggage or like traditional hotels.

• Stayed November 2012