We booked this hotel for a short stay in Glasgow to celebrate a birthday. We had never stayed before, but had heard good things about it, so thought why not. When I booked online, I mentioned that it was a surprise birthday gift, not thinking any more about it.
We arrived at the hotel, and had been warned that it was not a usual check in - you need to go to the first floor, where there are self service check in desks - however, there were a few members of staff to greet us, and asked if we had stayed before - when we said it was our first visit, we were given all the help and assistance we needed to complete our check in, and advice on hotel facilities. He wasn't intrusive at all, and was really welcoming and friendly.
We went to our room to be greeted by a happy birthday message, with an invite to go to the bar to enjoy a complimentary drink each - what a lovely touch!!!
The room itself, as has been outlined by other guests, isn't huge, however does have everything in it that you need, including an excellent entertainment system, the most comfy bed you could wish for (with extra pillows if needed) an amazing shower, and all the mood lighting, music and mod cons you could ask for in a short break - if I had to pick a downside, it could only be that there isn't a huge amount of storage space if you had a lot of luggage/clothing etc, but for a short break, it's perfect.
Unfortunately, we never had a chance to eat at the hotel, but the menu's were extensive, and there is plenty of space for you to chill out and relax in the numerous seating areas throughout.
We did have a few drinks at the bar, and again, could not fault the service or attitude of the staff - very friendly and welcoming.
All in all, a great place for a weekend away, and we look forward to heading back here. Highly recommended :-)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in Glasgow's city centre and Theatre District, citizenM Glasgow offers affordable luxury in the form of 198 modern non-smoking rooms. Enjoy free Wi-Fi in the entire hotel, free movies, high pressure rain showers and luxurious linens on an XL king-size bed; contemporary Vitra lobbies for work and play with free iMac access, and a 24/7 on-site eatery and bar to quench every hunger and thirst. CitizenM Glasgow also boasts SocietyM, which provides one-of-a-kind creative meeting spaces for 2 to 18 people, a larger screening room, audiovisual equipment, and reliable Wi-Fi. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your citizenM Glasgow reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Citizenm Glasgow Hotel Glasgow
- CitizenM Glasgow Scotland