“Must try just for the effects”
Review of citizenM Glasgow

citizenM Glasgow
Ranked #10 of 93 Hotels in Glasgow
Reviewed 17 June 2013 via mobile

We stayed just one night here before leaving for london.

The room was quite compact but the mod cons and fancy lighting made up for that
Everythg is controlled by the remote control
Loved that you can change the colour of the lights in the shower cubicle.

The bar staff are great! Enjoy various cocktails freshly made in the bar.

Was nice to stay here to try out all the fancy bits in the room, would recommend that just for the effect people try it once

• Stayed: July 2012
There are newer reviews for citizenM Glasgow

Reviewed 16 June 2013

Very contemporary hotel in a good location. We liked that it was so contemporary, but the rooms are very tiny ("wee" as they would say there in Scotland!). The bed was very comfortable and the automatic blinds made the room all the way dark. It was really fine for a one night stay, but because of the size of the room I am not sure we would want to stay for longer.

Room Tip: All the rooms seem to be the same.
Reviewed 15 June 2013

Never stayed in a hotel quite like this before but it was very good value for money and coincidently right next door to the Royal Conservatoire of Scotland which we were there to visit. Quite central and close to Sauchiehall Street.

Room Tip: I believe all the rooms are identical.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 June 2013

citizenM is a great budget hotel. We stayed here for one night as a laugh to see what all the fuss was about. I have to say it is an excellent place to stay and very well appointed within the city. If you are visiting Glasgow on a budget then I would say this is the place to stay as you get a lot for your money.

The super kingsize bed is excellent and extremely comfortable. The rainfall shower in the pod bathroom is also extremely good along with the citezenM "AM" & "PM" Shampoo. I'm aware that people have said that whilst staying with their Wife/Husband/Partner/Friend/Dog/Cat/Spider that they can see into the pod when they are showering, so, I would have to say that if you are at all prudish then this is not the hotel for you. We knew fully what to expect when we went there and we have seen each other naked on many occasions as we are a couple so we did not see this as a problem. With that said I do think an open mind is something you should take with you as this is a European idea and not one of our british "For god sake Martha put on 8 layers" ideas.

The hotel itself feels like a massive house that is yours for the stay. You can go down to the reception area and use the sitting,bar,lounge, computing areas till your heart is content. Which was great as I have to say that the only slight problem I found with our room was that it was slightly humid and the air-conditioning didn't seem to be that effective. So spending a lot of time in the room was not high on my priority list although messing around with the functions of the remote was always a great novelty.

If we are ever in Amsterdam I think this would be a perfect hotel to stay in. As a one night stay in Glasgow for a laugh yes I would recommend it, as a budget hotel I would also recommend it but if I were looking for somewhere to stay for more than 3/4 nights I would have to say no.

1  Thank Falling_Duck
Reviewed 13 June 2013

Spent four nights here, first impressions were very good but once you have played with the electric blinds, mood lighting and back lit shower you realise that there is no room to swing a cat. The rooms are very compact making it difficult to relax, the only place to relax is in fact the bed. I ventured downstairs ordered a beer and selected a meal that I duly heated in the microwave. I was then totally astonished at the cost £15 for a poor pint of lager and a pasta microwave meal. I landed up checking out early, due to changing plans and this took 30 mins for a member of staff to figure how to print my receipt as the auto service wont let you leave (reminds me of Hotel California). My advice is try it for a night, eat out and you will enjoy yourself, if you are planning a longer stay give this hotel a miss

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Charlie D
Management response:Responded 18 June 2013

Hi "Charlie D",

I'm happy you enjoyed your stay but sorry to let you waiting at check-out, it should have taken no longer than 2 minutes.

We promote the room and its size heavily with pictures and information. Space being a premium, we focussed on offering at an affordable rate most important items, such as the comfy XL king-size bed, power rain shower, free wi-fi, free movies on demand and a contemporary space to work & lounge. An ice cold pint of Heineken costs £4.15 and quick meals are offered with a price of £7.50, we also offer a meal deal combination of an alcoholic or soft drink and a meal priced at £10.95. There are many great restaurants a block away from the hotel which we are happy to recommend.

I wish you safe travels.

All the best,
Diego

Reviewed 13 June 2013

We would stay in this or other Citizen M hotels if we ever have the chance. The ambassadors were always very helpful. We paid extra for the breakfast for 2 days and thought it was very good with plenty of healthy (and not so healthy!) options.

Room Tip: Glasgow is rather lively on weekends so we were happy to have a quiet room that did not face the str...
Reviewed 13 June 2013

I always stay in this hotel when in Glasgow, I first heard about it when a colleague told me that all of the movies were free to watch in your room so I thought I'd give it a try. I soon found out that the free movies were only the tip of the iceberg and this hotel has so many good points. The rooms are relatively small, but so cleverly designed that you don't actually need any more space than you are given. The staff are mostly young, but always very polite and helpful, they give you the impression that they really like working there too. You've got to think a little bit differently when staying here, and you'll soon realize that this is a very cool place to stay, and it won't blow the budget either. Fantastic.

Room Tip: All the room are exactly the same, never had a bad one yet.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business