“Very comfortable”

Ranked #12 of 95 Hotels in Glasgow
Dumfries, United Kingdom
“Very comfortable”
Reviewed 2 March 2014 via mobile

After reading reviews it lived up to my expectations . Modern clean well thought out . Bed so comfortable and free movies fantastic watched two which I thoroughly enjoyed . Safe in bedroom which was a bonus .breakfast was delicious . The staff were young charming helpful and were enjoying there job as always smiling and laughing . The chef at breakfast on Saturday morning asked why we were in Glasgow and chatted about the darts and hydro . He was lovely and a nice young man . Makes a change that staff are as pleasant . It was a self check in which was simple but staff were on hand to assist the same when you checked out . The hotel was central for everything . We will certainly return . One of the best sleeps I have had in a hotel .quiet and comfortable .

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (936)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
Scotland
Reviewed 2 March 2014

Arriving at the hotel I was instantly impressed with the smart, modern design of the building & the funkiness of the meeting rooms that look onto the street. The whole first impression of the hotel is one of class and modernity. We took the elevator to the first floor to check in. It's self check in and I was able to do this at one of the touch screen computers with ease, as I sampled the delicious locally produced chocolate that I was advised by the staff they were trialling. The member of staff was friendly and offered to give me a hand with the check in but this wasn't needed as it's really simple and intuitive!. Free newspapers were available as well. As it was my girlfriend & I's first stay I had asked for city facing room on a high floor, so I was really happy when this came up on our booking in the extra information section. We took the lift up to the 7th floor ( I quite liked the fact that the lift needs a room keycard to go further than first floor). On arriving at the 7th floor I noticed that everything was spotlessly clean in the hallways & they have an array of modern often funny quotes, pictures & smart designs on the walls so far I was extremely impressed!. First impressions of the room were fantastic!!! It really is a massive bed which is really comfortable & we had a brilliant, undisturbed sleep. Now to the tech! - being a self confessed tech geek I was so excited to see that we were provided with a samsung tablet which literally controlled everything in the room!. The ambient coloured lights are awesome!!! you can literally choose any colour you want and have the lights cycle through too. Seriously the hotel rooms are amazing! Add on the fact you can control the blinds, curtains (built into the windows) & TV/Movies, temperature & various other room features I really didn't wanna leave!. Full Marks!. I would however say and this by no means affected my stay - If you are going to stay here make sure you are really comfortable with who ever you are staying with as there isn't a lot of privacy... The toilet is by no means soundproof & you can see depending on which colour of lights your using whatever's going on in there!. One of our favourite parts of the room was the rain shower it's simply amazing!! If you are reading this review - believe me you will not be disappointed in this hotel! We both said we couldn't fault either the room or the staff and would not hesitate to return! Infact we will be soon!. As a final note - we didn't use the hotel bar or indeed eat in house but all the public areas look spectacular and there were plenty of people making good use of them which is always a good sign!. Final Final note - my girlfriend did say there wasn't a lot of storage/hanging space but hey again this wouldn't bother me as I tend to live out the suitcase anyway!. The free crisps/popcorn were also a loved touch to compliment the great selection of movies you can watch for free. All in all a wonderful stay & I would thoroughly recommend you go here!

Room Tip: For good views ask for a high floor city facing room! It's fabulous!
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Isle of Lewis, Scotland
Reviewed 26 February 2014

I stayed here with my wife for 2 nights in February. Free access to I Mac pc's, free wifi throughout hotel, very friendly staff. Room was cool, amazing, funky and clean. Bathroom was a good size and I loved the waterfall shower, although be aware of the fact that anyone sharing the room with you can get a fairly good view of you washing your bum etc!! Free access to wide range of movies. Large comfy bed. We will definately be back.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank lewissman
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 February 2014

CitizenM is a super-friendly "boutique" hotel in Glasgow. Centrally-located, it's a great base for exploring the city. Helpful and approachable staff - funky furnishings - great communal spaces. The ground floor has a business club and meeting space too.

Room Tip: If you sign up as a Citizen on their website you get a 5% room discount
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Dublin, Ireland
common_n_hotel_reviews_1bd8 1,243 helpful votes
Reviewed 24 February 2014

Just stayed for 1 night and was very happy with it. Nice hotel, Very modern. The bed was so comfortable! The shower was lovely. The room was spotless and it was very quiet. Location is very handy, a short walk from the central railway station. I would definitely recommend this hotel!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 February 2014

first time staying at citizen m glasgow and heard nothing but good reveiws before our stay and we where not dissapointed very freindly and helpfull staff, pretty much in the middle of the city which means most of glasgows shops.resturaunts,clubs and public transport are all within walking distance or if if you want to stay in the hotel has its own canteen m, bar and lounge area which was a great place to relax but my favourite part of our stay was 100% the room very large comfortable bed which you did not need to move from because you can control pretty much everything in the room by the tv remote from the colour of the lights, opening and closing blinds to the tempeture of the room never experienced a hotel room like this in my life very modern and unusuall would highly recomend to anyone and cant wait to use your services in the future thanks for a lovley stay

Room Tip: most hotels that i have stayed in i always moan about city noise useually from cars and busses outsi...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple