“Booked for concert”

Ranked #11 of 96 Hotels in Glasgow
Girvan, United Kingdom
“Booked for concert”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2014

Both me and my partner were travelling 60 miles for an overnight stay and concert. On arrival the service at front desk was impeccable as although it is a self check in, an Ambassador was standing waiting to assist those who struggled. A tad difficult to find our room, but that was probably due to it being our first stay in a design hotel. The room although small was ideal, no fuss. For one night it suited us perfect. The rain shower was fabulous and quirky with the writing on soap and hair dryer. Absolutely loved the design as it made me smile with the little additions you found. We are booked back up for May as we have another concert and after having a little one recently, are definitely looking to some time away.

Room Tip: Don't underestimate the rooms due to size!
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (930)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
Stirling, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2014

Me and my boyfriend stayed on the 13th of February this year for our valentines getaway and it couldn't have been better! After going out for dinner we went back to the hotel for cocktails. We paid for our first couple and then we're treated to numerous complementary drinks! The staff were amazing and so friendly! They gave us a bowl of chicken wings to snack on and complementary late check out for the next day! We had the most amazing night and wouldn't stay anywhere else in Glasgow!
The rooms are gorgeous, the bed alone is the biggest and comfiest bed I've even slept on and the lights and shower are also excellent!n
Cannot wait to stay here again, it was a lovely experience!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2014 via mobile

This hotel was great!!!! Wouldn't hesitate going back here had a awesome time. We we arrived it was a computer check in which was really straight forward. We got our room key and headed up to our the room. I loved playing about with the mood lighting in the room the bed was really comfy and massive. Had a great sleep. My boyfriend likes to Hogg the bed but I had ample space. Central to everything you might want to do. We didn't eat there but only because we went to a Japanese restaurant on sauchiehall street. Staff were lovely couldn't have been anymore friendlier if they had tried also make a mean cocktail. I would stay here again in a second. This hotel might not be for everyone but I personally loved it and would recommend it to anyone who is looking for something just that little bit quirky 10/10

• Stayed January 2014
1 Thank Jay_mclean32
UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2014

We were in Glasgow for one night, basically to go to Cafe Gandolfi for dinner (highly, highly recommended) and wanted somewhere cheap but decent to stay and CitizenM came up. I'd heard about them before, but never stayed there - the reviews were great and the rate was amazing, the location was good so it was kind of a no-brainer.
Definitely the right thing to do - it's right in the middle of Glasgow, has a deal on parking that's less than 10 minutes away and is both cool and good - not that easy to do. The service is kind of 'DIY', but with people on-hand to help you out (very friendly, very efficient) so it all works out great. The whole place has a very 'European' vibe about it - finding out it's a Dutch company makes a lot of sense. There's no way the British would do this...

So, down to the nitty-gritty. The rooms are awesome - kind of a massive capsule where the (oversize) bed takes up one end of the room, complete with colour-changeable mood lighting, pod bathroom and extremely modern styling. Not a great place to share with someone you're not VERY comfortable with, but hey, if you're not comfortable with them - why are you sharing a room? Anyway, the room was great, but the public areas, including the bar, are the best bit - very nicely designed and great to spend time in. This is not a place designed to hang out in your room.

Overall, it was just the ticket for a quick, funky getaway - excellent value, comfy and fun. I'm not sure I'd recommend it to, er, more conservative types - or those expecting a conventional hotel room with a work desk and a Corby trouser press - and I'm not sure it would suit a 'traditional' business traveller. But I'd definitely stay there again. And if I can use their hotels in other places, and get a similar experience and value, I will.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank plusfour
Fife
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2014 via mobile

Had a fab night here with my 13 yr old as we were going to a concert. Comfy beds, modern hotel, tablet in room controls all lights, tv, blinds, moods/colours. Service was amazing, so friendly and the breakfast was lovely :-D

Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2014

Loved everything about this hotel - it's location, facilities, staff, rooms....small, but, beautifully formed !

Not for the "conventional " or slightly " fuddy duddy ", and, if you have "traditional expectations " of what a hotel should be, not for you either ! It is for the " young at heart " and those who are stimulated by something different - it is quirky, visually exciting and sexy ! The bed is HUGE, and, very comfortable,if you prefer a firmer mattrass, with crisp white linen and plump pillows, a fabulous shower ( space enough for two ! lol ) and adjustable mood lighting to create the atmosphere of your choice ! Though not a "techy", even I found the control tablet easy to work - free movie choices, from recent blockbusters and " adult" content ( straight and gay ) all a pleasant diversion !

An ideal choice if ,like me, you are meeting a " friend" for a " romantic liaison ", or,you wish to rekindle a jaded relationship.....you lock yourself away in this little "bubble" of a room, relax and let nature take its course......very sexy, very intimate !

The staff are young and the most pleasant and helpful I have seen in a long time - they seemed to actually enjoy their work and always willing to help with any enquiry - congratulations to the management for their choice and training of staff.

Though I didn't eat in the cafe, the food looked fresh with an interesting selection on the menu, and, though I don't drink, I noticed an array of alcohol on sale.

My two nights at the hotel were a delight, and, I have already advised friends and family to check it out - advise viewers to study Citizen M's web site - what you see is what you get, and, it is fabulous!

Room Tip: Study web site - what you see is what you get - open your minds to a different experience and you wi...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2014 via mobile

Our room just did not work full stop. The tv was not on for the duration of our stay the lights were on full blast.

We were offered a free breakfast but on arrival we were told we were not allowed. In a very exasperated manner by a staff member talking about us in front of us to another staff member!

Two guys were very helpful in helping, very cheerful and pleasant. I wish the same could be said for the girls at breakfast.

Just very disappointed