This hotel is a little different from your average city centre hotel - but in a good way. Stopping here form two nights with my other half and some friends, we all totally enjoyed our stay here.
The location is excellent and within walking distance of many shops, bars, pubs etc, including Glasgow Queen Street station which is only a two minute walk. The entire hotel is very modern and well presented, with friendly and helpful staff on hand throughout.
Self check-in (and out) was as easy as it gets and very quick. The rooms are not that big, but they are completely functional and perfectly adequate for a short stay. They are clean and comfortable with a decent shower where shower gel/ shampoo is provided. Plenty of towels, a bit of room to hang some clothes, a hair dryer, a selection of plugs (european too) and a a whole array of different lights!
The functions of the room are all controlled via a tablet computer in the room - lights (including multi-coloured mood light), temperature, electric window blinds and curtain, as well as the flat screen TV that offers a variety of entertainment. There is a big bed and the whole thing is quite comfortable. The only thing missing, as a few people have said, is the ability to make a tea or coffee in your room. Irons are not provided either but there are 'ironing rooms' around the hotel that you can use.
The hotel also has a 24/7 cafe bar that sells a variety of food and drink and there is a bar too (hotel prices apply!). Breakfast was not cheap at £10.50pp, but it was okay and there was plenty to choose from - grab & go is an option too.
I would recommend this hotel, and will stop here again when in Glasgow.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in Glasgow's city centre and Theatre District, citizenM Glasgow offers affordable luxury in the form of 198 modern non-smoking rooms. Enjoy free Wi-Fi in the entire hotel, free movies, high pressure rain showers and luxurious linens on an XL king-size bed; contemporary Vitra lobbies for work and play with free iMac access, and a 24/7 on-site eatery and bar to quench every hunger and thirst. CitizenM Glasgow also boasts SocietyM, which provides one-of-a-kind creative meeting spaces for 2 to 18 people, a larger screening room, audiovisual equipment, and reliable Wi-Fi. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, LateRooms, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your citizenM Glasgow reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Citizenm Glasgow Hotel Glasgow
- CitizenM Glasgow Scotland