“Bright and cheerful Hotel”
Review of citizenM Glasgow

citizenM Glasgow
Ranked #10 of 93 Hotels in Glasgow
Reviewed 4 June 2014

This was our first stay@ the CitizenM Hotel, a bright and cheerful ultra modern (very IKEA) hotel in Central Glasgow. Check in or out is computerised, fairly straight forward even for a retired lady like myself, and there is always a friendly young "ambassador" on hand to help. The staff we met were all very friendly and helpful.
The lift confused us. We were standing in the lift, pressed no 4 waiting patiently, going nowhere until a young man got in and helped us. The lift operates a swipe control before it's activated so I was relieved to hear that many hotel guests are caught out just like us. I liked the Welcome Home signs on the bedroom doors.
As everyone has written before the bedroom pods are equipped with hi-tec facilities. The comfy king size bed stretching from wall to wall may need a degree of agility for the older guest, space is limited but it was very clean. Husband was surprised, I hadn't told him we were staying in a pod, as I knew he wouldn't be happy, he was very dubious at first but "it grew on him"!
Breakfast is a very casual affair, and there is a reasonable choice of continental or cooked food. You can sit anywhere you fancy in the various sitting areas or have breakfast in your Pod. I had mine sitting on a high stool at the bar! Cool!
I really enjoyed my CitizenM experience, it was fun. It's good value for money but for an extended stay I would probably choose a more traditional hotel.

Room Tip: We faced the courtyard which was very quiet.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 4 June 2014

It is good, very good. Good location, right uin the middle of the city. And it is something different. Very small room, but good quality. The breakfest is fun, the whole building is fun. Its is something differnet, refreshing. But it is not cheap compared to the other hotels in Glasgow or other CitizenM 's in other citys like Amsterdam or Rotterdam.

Room Tip: upper floor for vieuw
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 June 2014

My wife and I have stayed here a few times now and if we are travelling up to Glasgow for a night out will always try and book here. For location, value and coolness its the best hotel in Glasgow by a long shot. Staff are plentiful and very helpful on arrival. The rooms are ultra high tech with everything working from a tablet. The bed is huge, shower is great. Everything about it is good. There are also nice sitting areas and a good bar. We will be booking again in the near future and don't see us going anywhere else anytime soon.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 June 2014

I reviewed CitizenM Glasgow back in August 2013 and raved about everything - except the room control device.

Well, they listened! I went back on my own this time and found a little samsung tablet where the remote used to be. Works like a dream. So impressed that a popular hotel actually listens to its guests. I'll be back again!

Room Tip: I'd recommend a high city view room.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank FeeyonaG
Reviewed 3 June 2014

My daughter and I stayed at Citizen M Glasgow for one night on a theatre break. On arrival we were greeted by a freindly member of reception, who talked us through the on-line checking in process. This was all really simple and quick and we were soon on our way to our room. When we got there we were amazed at how funky and cool it was, everything from the size of the bed to the mood lighting was fantastic. The ability to control almost everything from the touchscreen tablet was a novelty, and the free wifi and movies on demand were also a welcome touch. Everything about this hotel was amazing, modern, wehh thought-out and quirky, and we loved every minute of our stay. We were lucky to have a voucher with our till reciept for 2 free drinks at the bar, which we enjoyed (large measure glass of Rose). The bed was extremely large and comfortable, as were the fluffy pillow and cosy quilt, resulting in a relaxing and restful night of sleep. I recommend adding the breakfast to your stay, as the choice is plentiful and fresh, with good,strong coffee to set you up for the day. The location couldn't be mush better, very central and just a stone throw away from Buchanan Street and Galleries, the short taxi ride (from the rank almost right outside) to King's Theatre was only a few ounds (3 to be exact). We will definetely stay with Citizen M again, and can't recomend it highly enough.

Room Tip: Ask for city view, they really are a sight to behold!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Kippersmam
Reviewed 2 June 2014 via mobile

Me & my boyfriend recently stayed at the hotel unfortunately our rooms air con wasn't working and it was a very hot day outside resulting in our room to be extremely hot , the staff could not have been any more helpful as they tried many of times to fix the problem also offered us free drinks and another nights stay at the hotel free of charge which was very kind of them , the breakfast was absolutely amazing too can't wait to go back and stay xx

• Stayed: May 2014
Reviewed 2 June 2014

What a brilliant hotel with a real buzz. Staff were friendly, approachable, helpful and couldn,t do enough. Central location , so no car needed . Free drink on arrival was also very welcome.
Rooms and hotel are great for facilities and all high tech. Free wifi and films included in price.
I just wish there were more hotels in the uk.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends