This was our first stay@ the CitizenM Hotel, a bright and cheerful ultra modern (very IKEA) hotel in Central Glasgow. Check in or out is computerised, fairly straight forward even for a retired lady like myself, and there is always a friendly young "ambassador" on hand to help. The staff we met were all very friendly and helpful.
The lift confused us. We were standing in the lift, pressed no 4 waiting patiently, going nowhere until a young man got in and helped us. The lift operates a swipe control before it's activated so I was relieved to hear that many hotel guests are caught out just like us. I liked the Welcome Home signs on the bedroom doors.
As everyone has written before the bedroom pods are equipped with hi-tec facilities. The comfy king size bed stretching from wall to wall may need a degree of agility for the older guest, space is limited but it was very clean. Husband was surprised, I hadn't told him we were staying in a pod, as I knew he wouldn't be happy, he was very dubious at first but "it grew on him"!
Breakfast is a very casual affair, and there is a reasonable choice of continental or cooked food. You can sit anywhere you fancy in the various sitting areas or have breakfast in your Pod. I had mine sitting on a high stool at the bar! Cool!
I really enjoyed my CitizenM experience, it was fun. It's good value for money but for an extended stay I would probably choose a more traditional hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in Glasgow's city centre and Theatre District, citizenM Glasgow offers affordable luxury in the form of 198 modern non-smoking rooms. Enjoy free Wi-Fi in the entire hotel, free movies, high pressure rain showers and luxurious linens on an XL king-size bed; contemporary Vitra lobbies for work and play with free iMac access, and a 24/7 on-site eatery and bar to quench every hunger and thirst. CitizenM Glasgow also boasts SocietyM, which provides one-of-a-kind creative meeting spaces for 2 to 18 people, a larger screening room, audiovisual equipment, and reliable Wi-Fi. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, LateRooms, Ebookers, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your citizenM Glasgow reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Citizenm Glasgow Hotel Glasgow
- CitizenM Glasgow Scotland