I booked two nights at the Glasgow CitizenM and having checked the main revIews found it to be quirky with the colours and pad controls etc and also the public lounge area was very good and certainly different to what I normally experience. The downside was quite simple and I am surprised there are no more complaints about the wc which is in the same cubicle as the shower. I was sharing the room with my partner and not to put too fine a point on it when she or I was using the toilet you could hear everything! and also there is a gap for venitilation at the bottom of the door and with no opening windows you have to rely on the wc fan for foul air extraction. Also when I used the wc through the night the noise again/flushing would waken her from sleep, to her annoyance.I decided to use the main lounge toilets I mentioned this to staff who seemed to be aware of the issue and suggested we were move to a disabled bedroom which we declined as it was the evening of our second day. This may be something that people are prepared to put up with but not withstanding the furniture and fittings throughout and lack of a coffee/tea making facilities and for the overall cost, the nearby Premier Inn would satisfy the need of most, very central, a comfortable bed and place for luggage etc. Given that we were in Glasgow to socialise and go to a music concert all I really wanted was a clean, comfortable and easy to access hotel at a reasonalbe price, as I was not planning to spend hours in the room watching the movie channel, I can do that at home. A bit of 'fur coat and no knickers' if you get my meaning and let down I am afraid by the wc arrangement which will be very difficult to rectify without major alterations.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in Glasgow's city centre and Theatre District, citizenM Glasgow offers affordable luxury in the form of 198 modern non-smoking rooms. Enjoy free Wi-Fi in the entire hotel, free movies, high pressure rain showers and luxurious linens on an XL king-size bed; contemporary Vitra lobbies for work and play with free iMac access, and a 24/7 on-site eatery and bar to quench every hunger and thirst. CitizenM Glasgow also boasts SocietyM, which provides one-of-a-kind creative meeting spaces for 2 to 18 people, a larger screening room, audiovisual equipment, and reliable Wi-Fi. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, LateRooms, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your citizenM Glasgow reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Citizenm Glasgow Hotel Glasgow
- CitizenM Glasgow Scotland