“Glass toilet with no sound proofing”
Review of citizenM Glasgow

citizenM Glasgow
Ranked #12 of 93 Hotels in Glasgow
Reviewed 24 June 2014

I booked two nights at the Glasgow CitizenM and having checked the main revIews found it to be quirky with the colours and pad controls etc and also the public lounge area was very good and certainly different to what I normally experience. The downside was quite simple and I am surprised there are no more complaints about the wc which is in the same cubicle as the shower. I was sharing the room with my partner and not to put too fine a point on it when she or I was using the toilet you could hear everything! and also there is a gap for venitilation at the bottom of the door and with no opening windows you have to rely on the wc fan for foul air extraction. Also when I used the wc through the night the noise again/flushing would waken her from sleep, to her annoyance.I decided to use the main lounge toilets I mentioned this to staff who seemed to be aware of the issue and suggested we were move to a disabled bedroom which we declined as it was the evening of our second day. This may be something that people are prepared to put up with but not withstanding the furniture and fittings throughout and lack of a coffee/tea making facilities and for the overall cost, the nearby Premier Inn would satisfy the need of most, very central, a comfortable bed and place for luggage etc. Given that we were in Glasgow to socialise and go to a music concert all I really wanted was a clean, comfortable and easy to access hotel at a reasonalbe price, as I was not planning to spend hours in the room watching the movie channel, I can do that at home. A bit of 'fur coat and no knickers' if you get my meaning and let down I am afraid by the wc arrangement which will be very difficult to rectify without major alterations.

2  Thank IainmReid

Reviewed 23 June 2014 via mobile

Vibrant colours and a sense of fun make this a great hotel but it may not be to everyone's taste. We loved the enormous room filling bed and multi coloured light options. The grandparents (if they had been with us) would have complained about minute cupboard space and no in room tea or coffee. We loved that you could downstairs and get an awesome coffee and food 24hrs a day to have in your room or the living room / library style communal areas.... You get the idea. Loved it. Will stay again next time in town.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 June 2014

Loved this hotel, we stayed for 1 night, more than one night might of been a bit of a struggle since there really isn't anywhere to put luggage. The room was spotless and well appointed...loved the huge bed and all the remote control gadgets. The staff were more than helpful and it is in a central location...will be staying here again.

Reviewed 22 June 2014

We fancied a change when down in Glasgow for a concert.... Room decent enough sized and I loved the bed filling so much of the room. Loved the ipad to control everything tho took a while to work it out. Loved the handbasin outwith the bathroom ......Easy to check in but a young girl helped us anyway. Very close to car park but would be better if you don't have a car. Free drink on check in.... Even cocktails. Cocktail was lovely so had to have another when we got back to hotel after our night out! Breakfast had good choice but kept in food warmers so barely warm......reason for a 4 and not a 5.... But the lemon curd and honey were excellent quality and not the cheap stuff you can often get when staying in hotels. All the staff very friendly. Will definitely stay here again. Wish we stayed more than the one night!!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 June 2014

Recommended this hotel by colleagues who work in the city, I booked myself and three others in - check in was a little onerous, basically no check in but very friendly assistance on hand. The system couldn't handle four rooms under the same name, so despite there being 8 or so free check in desks, we had to do one at a time.

The rooms and the hotel itself, are very cool! Neon lighting, 'pod' style rooms (actually quite large compared to some city hotels!) great bathrooms and views, along with all controls managed from a tablet, made this a very hip stay, and a great change from the norm of the big brands.

Breakfast was good, not great, but plentiful and required after a brilliant night out in the city, with everything on the hotel's doorstep. Thoroughly recommended!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 June 2014

Stayed here for two nights before heading to Skye-really enjoyed it. The rooms are small but if you're used to living in a condo in downtown Toronto, you'll be fine. It's fun to play with the room controls on the tablet that's provided in your room, especially farting around with the coloured lights when someone's in the washroom.

The toilet and shower area were great, but the sink being outside - and tiny, is kind of weird. But for a couple of nights, who cares.

The staff were really friendly and helpful, especially when we showed up at 8:00am all groggy and spaced out-they quickly offered us early check-in. There was a fee of about £15 that I gladly paid.

I love the communal living room setup, and I liked the way they serve breakfast in the mornings.

Will definitely stay here again if I ever return to Glasgow, which I plan on doing.

Reviewed 20 June 2014

It's a must to stay in one of these hotels .... from the excellent staff to the wacky environment which gleans folks from all over the globe. We stayed for a couple of nights while seeing a concert. If you like techno the rooms have gadgets on offer. Although there were one or two glitches with the remote which seemed to have to be rebooted when too many demands were made! The staff were excellent nothing was to much trouble for them, even though the demand from them was multi fold.
Value for money I would say is spot on. Thanks folks

Room Tip: We stayed on an upper floor and would recommend it ..... That's if your not bothered about heigh...