I feared this would be one of those clever trendy hotels with rude staff dressed in black or as I have stayed in elsewhere, people trying to do this 1984 thing in a cheap way.
But no this works! It works because the staff are utterly brilliant especially Max who gets gold stars and all.
It could all be annoying the little citizen things, and notes and quotes and the tablet for lighting and blinds and ac, but somehow it works. Especially the canteen which is a joy and has great selections of everything 24/7.
So my only comments would be, i) for a larger room a disabled room is what to ask for, but if I really was less abled then I would hate all the plugs being UNDER the table, the almost only non-modern thing - as nowadays everyone puts plugs at desk level, even the newly vamped Mercures do this.
ii) a sink outside the bathroom cubicle thing is rather annoying especially with no where to plug in toothbrush or shaver.
iii) there's nowhere to really sit and eat in super comfort.
Having said that these are small things. It's not the place to stay for old fashioned comfort, but it is great and fun, and I hope the others in the chain live up to this.Particularly suits Glasgow. oh and the extra £14.95 for late check out, is simply genius. (and the do not disturb sign is witty and stays on the door)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in Glasgow's city centre and Theatre District, citizenM Glasgow offers affordable luxury in the form of 198 modern non-smoking rooms. Enjoy free Wi-Fi in the entire hotel, free movies, high pressure rain showers and luxurious linens on an XL king-size bed; contemporary Vitra lobbies for work and play with free iMac access, and a 24/7 on-site eatery and bar to quench every hunger and thirst. CitizenM Glasgow also boasts SocietyM, which provides one-of-a-kind creative meeting spaces for 2 to 18 people, a larger screening room, audiovisual equipment, and reliable Wi-Fi. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com and Odigeo so you can book your citizenM Glasgow reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Citizenm Glasgow Hotel Glasgow
- CitizenM Glasgow Scotland