“impressive”
Review of citizenM Glasgow

citizenM Glasgow
Ranked #10 of 93 Hotels in Glasgow
Reviewed 25 July 2014 via mobile

we spent one night at the citizenm. this hotel is in A perfect location to walk into the central for shopping and there are plenty of restaurants and pubs nearly. the hotel is unique. rooms are very clean with hugh comfy bed. highly recommend.

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank olive19900227
There are newer reviews for citizenM Glasgow

Reviewed 24 July 2014

Had the usual great time here, with lovely staff who are knowledgeable and friendly (Richy looked after us really well and there was a great waitress who knew a lot about beers) . Will continue to return here. Hard to beat the relaxed, cool vibe, even had a really tasty meal here and superb cocktail.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Michelleontour
Reviewed 24 July 2014

Stylish hotel with welcoming and friendly staff. Initially I thought I'd miss the tea/coffee facilities but we received a voucher for two free drinks (I don't know if this is standard) so a fresh coffee would have been much nicer (I hate instant coffee and UHT milk anyway) if we hadn't used the vouchers for wine instead!

The bed was so comfortable, loved the gadgets and we didn't hear any noise at all.

The ironing facilities took some hunting down - through fire escape doors - and the irons weren't at all effective, but this is the only negative thing I can think of.

We used the bar after a night out and the service was quick and friendly, and cocktails were delicious.

I'd definitely stay again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank WeesyT
Reviewed 24 July 2014

This was my first time to stay at a citizenM and the ultra-contemporary decor, layout, design and features were excellent. However, the amenities were somewhat lacking in that the rooms had no tea/coffee making facilities which may be acceptable in 5 star hotels (where room service and ALL service is second-to-none) but having to leave the room to get a cuppa is a downside, particularly when late at night, or catching-up on work between meetings. Another missing amenity was a conventional check-in desk....anything unconventional at check-in just causes delay, in this case no clear space to stand in line - sometimes trendy off-hand check-in means frustrated travellers unable to access their room! As a business traveller I welcomed the easy access to the internet, the free newspapers and some magazines and books, but as it was not possible to work in the room, (my 'double' room was really just big enough for sleeping) I welcomed being able to work in the guest lounge(s). It was quiet during my stay but the lounges would be difficult to work in at busier times, especially for private business phone conversations.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Mai H
Reviewed 23 July 2014

I arrived late from a flight so checked in at 3am. Got to the room on the top floor and the bed was super comfy with cosy covers which is just what I needed after my flght.
I really liked the gadgets and the ability to put your case in the drawer under the bed.
Late check out was only £15 extra.
I think it was good value for money and I would defintely consider returning.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank ChaDeen
Reviewed 21 July 2014

I feared this would be one of those clever trendy hotels with rude staff dressed in black or as I have stayed in elsewhere, people trying to do this 1984 thing in a cheap way.
But no this works! It works because the staff are utterly brilliant especially Max who gets gold stars and all.
It could all be annoying the little citizen things, and notes and quotes and the tablet for lighting and blinds and ac, but somehow it works. Especially the canteen which is a joy and has great selections of everything 24/7.
So my only comments would be, i) for a larger room a disabled room is what to ask for, but if I really was less abled then I would hate all the plugs being UNDER the table, the almost only non-modern thing - as nowadays everyone puts plugs at desk level, even the newly vamped Mercures do this.
ii) a sink outside the bathroom cubicle thing is rather annoying especially with no where to plug in toothbrush or shaver.
iii) there's nowhere to really sit and eat in super comfort.
Having said that these are small things. It's not the place to stay for old fashioned comfort, but it is great and fun, and I hope the others in the chain live up to this.Particularly suits Glasgow. oh and the extra £14.95 for late check out, is simply genius. (and the do not disturb sign is witty and stays on the door)

Room Tip: choose a disabled room for larger room
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Pheephox
Reviewed 21 July 2014

Stayed at the hotel on a few occasions. Most recent was when went to see Kings of Leon at the Hydro.

Self check in is a doddle literally takes a minute.

All the rooms in the hotel are the exact same, basic in terms of amenities, no tea and coffee but that doesn't really bother me as I never use them. The best thing about the hotel is the bed it is quite possibly the comfiest bed I've ever slept in, wish I could take it home with me.

Only downside from my last visit was they seem to have taken out the iPod docking station from the rooms, I usually like to listen to my own music while getting ready but couldn't.

Staff are really pleasant had a good chat with the guy at check in as he had the same taste in music as myself. Prices at bar are also reasonable and measure are decent.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple